CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS update

scottshoe

Just got my new exhaust on my car today. 2 1/4 inch Dynomax super turbos and Z28 style stainless tips... I love it. Also had some 255/55/16 Kumho STX's put on it... they fit perfect (don't even rub at full lock) and look sweet! Same overall diameter but almost 2 inches wider!

My O2 sensors have been changed, along with new wires and plugs, no more service engine light!

I will try to post some pictures of it, the look it has from behind is unbelievable!!!!! :D

I don't believe anyone makes an aftermarket exhaust for 97's. I bought the mufflers from Summit racing ($80 something delivered) and had a local exhaust place install them with the tips I bought ($100 for the Shop to install) It looks just like "Bob D"s from behind... only much bigger tires! It snowed here today, so as soon as the weather gets better, I'll move it out on the driveway and take some pictures. The fitment of the 255-55-16 tires makes it look like a 4 door Corvette from behind! And the guy at the tire shop said they were too big! :ph34r:

A full cat-back exhaust system like the Corsa may perform very well, sound good, and look great... but it's a little pricey. If you don't mind paying nearly $1200 just for parts then it's definitely a fine avenue to pursue - they make a great product.

For nearly the same effects on performance, sound, and styling, you can purchase performance mufflers, the tips of your choosing if you choose to not keep the stock look, and have a reputable shop that specializes in custom exhaust work install everything all for less than half the price of the purchase of the Corsa system.

Dynomax and Flowmaster seem to be the two more popular choices for performance replacement mufflers in the Seville's

I can't wait to see the pics. I have had a hard time picking new exhaust tips when I get new mufflers put on. I have scoured the internet looking for them and have narrowed down to a few choices; dual gold on both sides, camaro style, and the black chrome camaro style. I also have to choose flowmaster or dynomax but that will be flip of a coin.

I bought the mufflers from Summit racing ($80 something delivered) and had a local exhaust place install them with the tips I bought ($100 for the Shop to install)

The fitment of the 255-55-16 tires makes it look like a 4 door Corvette from behind! And the guy at the tire shop said they were too big! :ph34r:

Cool! I had put those Dynos from Summit on mine too, and you sure can't beat that price. The sounds is addicting isn't it?

Gotta see those tires! ;) Did you go that width all the way around? I can't believe they wouldn't rub up from on lock-lock turns... I have often thought I should have gone wider than stock with my BFG Traction TA's I put on last year. Next set... :P

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I can't wait to see those tires too! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Archived