CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddyinfo.com forum -vs- Clublexus.com

JLAWS

The link to the Lexus site is http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/.

They have discussion forums on every Lexus, from the ES250 to the LS430.

I check the forums daily on the LS400 discussions, as it would be a fun toy with a great ride and has sufferred terrific depreciation = good used buy.

The drivetrains are bulletproof, with some members posting mileage in the 300-400k range. However, these cars also have some problem areas that would make an STS owner cringe .... "A 1990 LS400 is perhaps one of the best cars ever made however, it does have it's problems. Although they would be considered minor on American cars, everything is much more expensive on the Lexus. Check the usual items that cause problems carefully, Power steering and rack for leaks ($2,000), suspension control arms and struts for wear ($1000 - $2000), climate control LCD for darkness ($300-$600), Speedo-Tach illumination (not sure of cost estimate). See if the timing bel;t has been changes, check the A/C operation, no A/C could cost you about $2,000 or more".

You can see a bit of the anti American slant in the above quote ..... many of the owners have a definite superiority thing going on. The above mentioned repairs fail on virtually every early LS400, and can easily exceed $8000. They are great cars, but definitely have their own design weaknesses, and Japanese parts are not exactly cheap these days. Read 10 pages of posts, and you will definitely see the same repair issues discussed over and over.

As an automobile enthusiast, I just find it informative to read other discussion forums, and Lexus USA and Lexus UK are both well designed forums populated by fellow enthusiasts. I guess we all have our slants and biases, and I admit to being heavily biased to the performance and value found with the STS. The similarities between the forums are that the members are enthusiastic and helpful to one another.

I used to own Maximas, and their discussion forums are bizarre. The average age seems to be early 20's, and all they seem to discuss is modifications, street challenges, and testosterone .... check out this link http://www.torontomaxima.com/forum/viewfor...c6316a619ae0184

My .o2 cdn cents.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE: many of the owners have a definite superiority thing going on.

I am sorry to sound crude, but people that act this way suffer from small third legs or the thought that they have small third legs.... Sorry... but the superiority thing is something that rubs me the wrong way...in sports, life and in situations like this, to me they need humbling.

I wiped the snot out of a Lexus about a month ago, he was being a jerk behind me, and as he pulled along side me at about 25 mph I looked at him, mouthed a four letter word that begins with D, and tromped it to the floor (man does this car romp from 25 with a WOT!), at the same time he tromped it, my BOAT wiped him up badly for the next 1/4 mile or so as I hit 100 :blink: (it was safe Jason!, consider it a WOT :lol: ). That is the first time I have done that in my life and, while it felt good, I most probably won't do it again.. :ph34r: Give me an STS or ETC and its not even a contest (don't ask me the numbers on the trunk they are to fn confusing).

You can tell its Friday, sorry! Have a good one

Scotty,

If a person is 3rd leg challenged I find that they are usually behind the wheel of a Hummer H2 or at least a 3/4 ton pick-up with a diesel!! My Buddy just bought a new H2, he got rid of his last DE (Dick Extender), a Corvette convertible. I went over to check it out, and as we were standing there, I said "sorry to hear about your dick" to which he replied "What do you mean?" I looked over at his Hummer and said "it must be really small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" True story! His wife couldn't stop laughing... must be some truth there!

Scotty,

If a person is 3rd leg challenged I find that they are usually behind the wheel of a Hummer H2 or at least a 3/4 ton pick-up with a diesel!! My Buddy just bought a new H2, he got rid of his last DE (Dick Extender), a Corvette convertible. I went over to check it out, and as we were standing there, I said "sorry to hear about your dick" to which he replied "What do you mean?" I looked over at his Hummer and said "it must be really small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" True story! His wife couldn't stop laughing... must be some truth there!

Very FUNNY! See there is some truth to it! Ha :lol:

Archived