CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Codes

peduncan

My car hasn't been running very well the past few days and this morning on the way to work I got a P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected to go along with the P0135 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1, I've been getting for the past two weeks or so. The car has a pronounced miss when accelerating but is still idling fine. It is also somewhat hard to start once it is warmed up. (FPR maybe) What do you think, is the misfire caused by the HO2S? What is the Heated O2 Sensor and why heated? As the car usually runs so well and strong I'd like to try and get this fixed on the weekend. Thanks for our help and suggestions.

Check the FPR by pulling the vacuum hose off while the engine is running or have someone turn the key on to pressurize the system with the hose off. If there is gas in the hose replace the FPR. Could also be a bad sensor but am not sure for a 97.

The O2 sensor is heated to bring it up to operating temp faster and therefore clean up exhaust quicker. I'm sure Guru can/will explaine it more elequently.

Thanks Ranger, that's enough for me as far as the sensor goes. As far as the miss, I know that a bad O2 sensor will affect gas milage but I've not had a car,or truck, that missed so badly and the reason was a bad oxygen sensor, could that be the problem? Also I think the FPR is bad because of the way it's hard to start once it's warm. Drive the car for an hour, shut it off it'll start right up, let it sit 1/2 an hour and what a pig to get going. Could that also cause the miss? Couls both together cause that? I'm not at a loss or anything, plan to look at it Saturday, just need a few ideas as to what might be ithe problem.

Archived