CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

help Scotty

notch8

Hi Scotty

I took some good pictures of my wife's '96 Eldo today and I want to post them for all to see but I can't figure out how to do it! Also what's the deal that the attatchment can't be more than 64kb? Our pictures have more kb than that, can I still post them? Thanks-Roger

PS My wife is the computer whiz, not me, so she should be able to figure out what advice you give, again thanks.

The picture must be less than 100K for members and I think 65K for non members but don't quote me, at the bottom of a new posting you will see file attachments, click browse and navigate to the file on your hard drive and it will post IF within the size constraints. Mike

If you upload your picture to another website (like photobucket, etc), or one you already have that allows you to upload larger photos you can that use the "IMG" command when posted to "link" picture into the post, thus you ca post your pictures in all their glory! :) This is how I do mine. I use my account at rankmyride.com, which lets you store up to 50 photos for free, and it automatically resizes you pictures to 640x480, making you pics posted her look like this:

p6090016.jpg

I NEVER use the upload feature! :lol:

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions. I know I'm not Scotty, and I hope he doesn't mind me chiming in, just saw a question I new the solution to and decided to jump in!

-dave B)

P.S. you can also use this to post pics in your signature

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

If you upload your picture to another website (like photobucket, etc), or one you already have that allows you to upload larger photos you can that use the "IMG" command when posted to "link" picture into the post, thus you ca post your pictures in all their glory! :) This is how I do mine. I use my account at rankmyride.com, which lets you store up to 50 photos for free, and it automatically resizes you pictures to 640x480, making you pics posted her look like this:

For a one time "load" of a pic for a certain purpose of a post is fine, but I find the rather large "time after time" posting of someones car picture with their signature annoying...., a waste of screen real estate....

Thanks-we tried to load some more but they are all too big. oh well, at least you guys can see what mommy's caddy looks like- it's got beige leather and she loves it! BTW- did you notice MY ride in the background-a homely cavalier LOL-roger

Archived