CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Missing lower front splash-shield

I have a '09 CTS which has been missing the lower front plastic splash-pan since I bought it... Also the small plastic corner piece on the passenger side, with the duct that supplies air to the front brake area (mine does not have fog lights) 

Question is, does anyone know a good source for used parts like this?  I cannot find anything local at salvage yards.  All of them are missing or destroyed... 😞

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

• 4 months later...

Well I had a blessing in disguise on this subject! 😆

I actually hit a deer with the CTS a while back, toasting the hood, one headlamp and a lot of the front end! They replaced all the parts, including this splash pan so in good to go! 👌🏻

It was quite an interesting morning that Nov day, when this buck ran in front of me with little time to brake! He flew through the air spinning to a stop on the centerline. He was laying there motionless, and I could not see him breathing... so I grabbed him by the horns and dragged him to the shoulder so nobody else would hit him. 

I got back in my car to report it to the local sheriffs dept., & while I was on the phone the deer’s head pops up and he proceeds to get up! It took him a few minutes, but eventually he was standing on all 4 legs! After the call, I walked over within 15 feet of him and we just said our goodbyes and he walked away! 😆

Making this even more crazy, 3 days later we almost hit the same deer again about ¼ mi. from that spot with our Chevy Tahoe! Wouldn’t that of been fun to explain that to the insurance company!! Lol The Caddy was covered 100% on comprehensive, so that was great! 👍🏻

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

The guilty party... 🦌 

4D5ED13F-0A5D-468C-9B5F-00BE5655A2BA.jpeg

$4k Damage... you wouldn’t know it by looking at this. Lot of broken structure behind the grill, but could’ve been much worse! I was slowing down for stop sign coming up. Prob hit him at about 40mph...

0ABBD51C-40C0-4AB1-A190-D11E58BD2D94.jpeg