CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

update on caddilac deville, 2000

PAT38915

We understand the fact that you had a problem with your car that requires a mechanical knowledge of automobiles you do not possess, I mean no offense, like you said - you put gas in them and they go. I understand how the diagnosis of you car irked you. It is extremely unfortunate that this problem occured, but you did purchase a used car out of warranty - GM was not legally responsible to pay for ANY of the repairs.

I don't remember if it turned out to be a true casting flaw or a poor maintenance issue - to be honest I was put off by the whole war that raged over your problem and quit reading after a while. But, here is an example of what I saw... If I hid a time bomb in my car, sold it to you as relatively new with low miles, and it subsequently exploded - would you blame General Motors and Cadillac for building an automobile that blew up? Because that's basically what you did. Whether or not the former owner had all of his paperwork or not, you really have no way of telling how the car was treated and had no grounds to go after its manufacturer.

You bashed General Motors and generalized all of their products as pieces of junk in a place where Cadillac enthusiasts meet to talk about their cars, this is something my mother would do in a fit of irrational thinking. In this case, yes, GM did make a bad product, Pat. One bad Northstar out of millions of other quality Northstars over the past 12 years. I agree that it sucks.

I don't mean to offend or fan the flames of any arguments, I only aim to sort of put things into a different perspective for you. I am happy for you that GM picked up half the cost for the work - this is far more than they were obligated to do, which was shrug their shoulders and say "sorry lady." I understand that in principle you believed that when something so drastic happened to your new low mile Cadillac, then you go to Cadillac about it because it must be their fault... but it simply just doesn't work that way with used automobiles out of warranty. You're very lucky, Pat. I'm also glad your Caddy is back on the road again. Good luck.

yes, ill have to agree with you im very lucky to get 1/2 of the expense covered..

when i came on this fourm i was so frusturated, i could have cried..and i have written an open apology in one of the post..i am sorry this happened, but you know, i dont care how good or bad a problem is, there is something to be learned..and the thing i learned, was NEVER buy another used car without the warranty...that i learned the hard way, but i can assure you ill never be without

a warranty again, even if i buy a used bicycle...im watching the DIC codes ever time i leave the house and come back...can they be checked too often or when do you check yours, after x amount of miles or how...thanks , so much..

and by the way im a caddy lover as i have always been, i just got bent out of shape, and now hopefully i have my head on straight again..thanks so much for your input..

Bob D i dont have a forum going, i was so frusturated, i just blowed some smoke, and im big enough to admit it...will never happen again, im a happy camper now..so sorry

Hey Pat, since your car will be running again. Drive it straight to the Lexus and trade it for any Lexus series. :P

I'm finding out the Lexus forum has a much calmer bunch of guys over there. Probably because they don't have to deal with maintenance issues as much :lol:

I feel sorry you had to deal with the trauma of a blown engine and a bunch of forum member that you thought would console you but ended up attacking you.

Just don't waste anymore time and energy replying back when you feel attacked.

Pat, don't worry about ero1220, we are trying to get by this as I said a few times already. I never doubted that you had an engine problem, it was the warranty problem and the details we were receiving that seemed incorrect and incomplete. As a group we need to move forward!

JLAWS was not involved with the entire process or the lead up to it like myself so its easy for him as a LEXUS owner to come here ZING us. But from my experience that is the way Boston residents are, they really don't know how to act WIN or LOSE, they are classless. I was in Westfield/Springfield, Mass the night they won the World Series, and the riots and disorderly conduct were appaling, setting fire to cars and turning them over. But I guess when you haven't WON since 1918, you don't really know how to celebrate! They even shot a young girl in the eye and killed her....hopefully it will be 2118 before they win again maybe they will show some humility and appreciate it.

oh gosh, thats ridicilous to act like that, even killed a lady...

scotty, when the manager gave me the invoice, he said

the warrenty was written on the bottom of the form, but

its not signed by anyone and there is a place for a signature.

was this supposed to be done, im not sure of it..thanks

Thank you , i appreciate it...thats good to know..im trying to learn

everything i can about my car, been reading the service manual,

also learning what a lot of these buttons are for...learned how to

reset my clock today..im one more happy camper, as for trading

for a lexius, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY... i love my car..it

a brand new car now and besides that, i have too much in it not

to drive it and be happy....thanks again

Thanks for enlightening me, Scotty, about those dreadfull Bostonians.

Evil barbarians I tell ya!

If you are from Boston, forgive me, it only applies to the obnoxious ones that taunt others continually :lol:

Having been a Philadelphia Warrior and 76er fan, a Knick fan, a Flyers fan and a Yankee fan I have had my FILL of them.

Pat, glad to hear about your car getting fixed, and you enjoying the drive again. Forget the snide Lexus comment. That's just sour grapes speaking. I would invite you to have a look at the maintenance that my '97 Seville has required. I think it's probably pretty representative of most Cadillacs:

http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/maint.htm

Note that a lot of that money is tires and brakes and modifications that I've done, which isn't really a "maintenance or repair" item. As far as luxury cars go, these are pretty economical to own and operate. Yours even takes regular 87 octane gas (2000+ Northstars are optimized on 87 octane).

Glad to hear you're staying with a Cadillac. Some people crave attention and envy, and they think an overpriced "icon" vehicle is an easy way to get it. A Cadillac, on the other hand, is an extremely well-rounded car, offering excellent performance, fuel mileage, reliability, and class. I like to steal a slogan from my Buick Grand National friends. "Going fast with class."

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks for enlightening me, Scotty, about those dreadfull Bostonians.

Evil barbarians I tell ya!

If you are from Boston, forgive me, it only applies to the obnoxious ones that taunt others continually :lol:

Having been a Philadelphia Warrior and 76er fan, a Knick fan, a Flyers fan and a Yankee fan I have had my FILL of them.

Scotty you are my favorite!

Archived