CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

update on caddilac deville, 2000

PAT38915

im getting a new engine put in my cadillac, deville, 2000..the car is ready for me to pick up tomorrow..

i asked the mechanic what he finally found wrong with the car and he replied a crack in bally, now i have no idea what that means..

also i asked him if the area rep ever looked at the car and he said, yes and he found the casting flaw and saw the crack..

this is what i asked for as far as reports when i pick the car up..an analysis report,

a report on what was done to the car, the amount i had to pay and the amount general motors is paying..

is there anything else i should ask...i would appreciate it very much, if some of you would let me know

i know i got off on a bad start with this forum and i do apologize for my reactions. thanks so much..

Pat, I would get a copy of all documents and ask for and about the warranty for the new engine. Do keep all the maintenance done on the engine. They will be more willing to help you in the future if they know for sure the car has been maintained well.

My Cadillac has only been serviced by my dealer, except for a battery from Sears. That was a Sunday happening and I felt safe with it. I also have my oil changes done by the dealer and they always check all the fluid at the same time. If they recommend a service I tell them to do it. I bring the car to them because they know it the best! I have never had a bad experience.

Good Luck and let us know how the car is. Sorry you had such a problem.

QUOTE (PAT38915 @ Mar 14 2005, 04:42 PM)

...and also i have a forum going if you want to email me i can give you the location..

QUOTE (PAT38915 @ Mar 7 2005, 10:28 AM)

> i have another forum going, so dosent matter if i post here or not...i have my own personal web site, and im using it against general motors in every way possible<

Care to share it's location with us Pat...?

Pat, I’m curious. I’ve asked politely once before for you to share the location of the forum you’ve created for us all to look at, and you ignored the request. Since you have chosen to share this forum and post at free will, why don’t you extend the courtesy to everyone here and reciprocate?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Styles, the mechanic told me the engine, had not run hot, and we have kept

the coolant checked so what on earth happened to this car..could a casting flaw

have been the reason for this..

the coolant light had not been coming on and staying on, it just came on and off

at times..if it had been low of coolant would it not have stayed on..thanks

Ya sh*t happens! Today while driving home from school some low life trailer park girl decided to throw a wet snowball at my car and it shattered the headlamp! Her parents are gonna have to pay for it but I didn't take it out on my poorly built GM vehicle! :P

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Styles, the mechanic told me the engine, had not run hot, and we have kept

the coolant checked so what on earth happened to this car..could a casting flaw

have been the reason for this..

the coolant light had not been coming on and staying on, it just came on and off

at times..if it had been low of coolant would it not have stayed on..thanks

Here she is trying to get STYES to say that a casting flaw caused this for more support. By acting DUMB with this statement, "could a casting flaw have been the reason for this". Wake up folks! She is looking for "proper documentation" see the Pat, I'm curious thread....

Pat said, "i asked him if the area rep ever looked at the car and he said, yes and he found the casting flaw and saw the crack"

Is she softening us up with that statement? Or is that supposed "admission" by the area REP not enough to be considered PROPER DOCUMENTATION to take to the attorney general?

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, this is an open forum and no one tells me to go away or disappear...i havent seen you on here much, so if anyone leaves , do it yourself..

Pat, what do you want to achieve? Why are you still here? Nobody seams to like you or need your comments. You have attorneys, GM dealership to play with, why do you need to be on this forum? If your intention is to brag about GM or to tell us that we all have a useless cars, then there is no point on being here, right?

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

FYI, im not playing with anyone...i came on this forum to get some help because it was highly recommended to me..because i knew little about cars, i started being bashed, and i told them this upfront..

i have never played on here, now i have gotten mad as heck, but ive had some things said about me and i really dont care, as far as no one on here liking me, that dosent matter at all to me, not in the least.. its no popularity contest as you

should know..

if you dont want to read my post, just skip them, its perfectly fine for me..and no im not going to get on here and praise general motors, i have nothing to praise them for, in fact thier sorry made cars has just cost me money, i could have used

for other things..ive said numerous times, they should produce better cars..no one wants a car that runs only 35,000 miles per engine..if this were to happen to you, i wonder what you would do, since you had so much infomation for me, im sure you would know exactly what to do.. you take care, and remember i didnt ask anything of you, have never answered a one of your post, and dont intend to answer another one...

FYI the last time I checked this was a Cadillac E.N.T.H.U.S.I.A.S.T. forum, not a Cadillac/GM bashers forum. That group is down the hall just past the ladies room. It's painfully obvious to all that you hate GM and anything that is GM. You are spouting off in a Cadillac E.N.T.H.U.S.I.A.S.T. forum. How utterly stupid and futile can you be??? Wait....I think you're about to show us.

When are you going to stop dodging the requests for your website, photos of crack, report from rep, documentation from dealer, case report... minus the case number if your paranoid, etc??? How many times are you going to ignore BobD??? Now I already know the answer but I think it only fair for everyone on this (once again) Cadillac E.N.T.H.U.S.I.A.S.T. forum to hear it from you.

Personally I think you should be removed from this forum altogether. There is no room in any enthusiast forum for someone that opposes that concept so fervidly. You are the exact opposite of what this forum was created for.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Pat, you should be thankful you don't own a new M3. I wonder what you would have said to BMW, after a broken connecting rod sent a piston through your block..hehe :lol: Every cay manufacturer in the world, is going to have a very small number of cars, that will have some sort of flaw, that may lead to premature failure. Just because your engine was one, out of at least a hundred thousand or so that had a flaw in the block, does not make GM a bad company. I hate to say it (or do I), but I think most of us here would agree that the real flaw is not in the car, but in your character. You come onto this forum, ranting and raving about how badly GM screwed you over, by offering to pay half of your out of warranty repair. Then you tell us you have another forum regarding this issue, and what has been said here, yet you refuse to give us the link, so that we might see for ourselves. You also mention that you purposefully direct people to this forum, so they can see what has been discussed here, between us loyal Cadillac owners, and you. You refused to answer any specific questions we had that might have allowed us to help you a little more. Take a look at any other thread on this forum, regarding someone looking for help. None of them ever turn out like yours. You came here, with a bad attitude, and we responded accordingly. There's an old saying, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!" It's obvious that you never joined this forum with the intention of seeking help. Nobody, that hates their own car as much as you do, ever does. You joined this forum with the sole intention, of discrediting Cadillac, and this forum. We all know it, and that's why these threads have gotten to this point. We're just sick and tired of you posting. You have nothing more to say, that we want to hear. All you ever do, is *smurf* and moan about how the used, out of warranty car you bought broke, and why it should be everyone elses responsibility to fix. It's a shame it happened, but what's done is done. Complaining to us, isn't going to change anything. It;s just going to make us more annoyed, and less likely to respond in a civilized manner. Enough is enough. Just get the car fix, and get on with your life. We don't need to hear about every minute detail of your personal dealing with GM. That's your business, and I think at this point, it should be more than obvious that most people here (including me) just don;t care anymore. I wish you the best of luck with your repairs, but please, no more.

Then you tell us you have another forum regarding this issue, and what has been said here, yet you refuse to give us the link, so that we might see for ourselves.

She wouldn't give it to us but we found it anyway, if you want the address of the venom and incorrect assumptions PM me.

Then you tell us you have another forum regarding this issue, and what has been said here, yet you refuse to give us the link, so that we might see for ourselves.

She wouldn't give it to us but we found it anyway, if you want the address of the venom and incorrect assumptions PM me.

QUOTE (PAT38915 @ Mar 7 2005, 10:28 AM)

> i have another forum going, so dosent matter if i post here or not...i have my own personal web site, and im using it against general motors in every way possible<

I think there's more,Mike...and since she chooses to use Bruce's personal forum which we all support in one way or another to display her claim, it's only fair she discloses it's location.

user posted image

The way I see it, a fire dies out if you quit fanning the flames. So if you want to bash Pat, send her a personal message and leave it off the board.

I personally would be pissed if I were in Pats shoes. I hope she gets more out of GM for her engine. Stuff happens, but nothing is going to replace the personal toll it has taken on her or anyone in her position.

Personally I think this board has gotten down right nasty and is looking for trolls in everyones message that goes against the grain. If I remember, usually when someone on this board has a problem there are other post with the same problem posted shortly after, so why think the post by DTS driver is that of a troll. I recommend to Bruce that if you want to fan the flames rather than be helpful, then your comment be edited out of the thread. Let's use this board to help people with their problems and if someones comment pisses you off then send that person a PM and sort it out off the board.

There you go again ,Paul, being all logical. ;) The sentiment is nice and eventually this will all blow over. However, in the meantime, I think it's important to note that Pat is looking for people to feel sorry or champion the less than popular stance. Notice in Pat's earlier posts that Pat only posts after someone throws in a sympathetic post. Talk about fanning the fire.

Remember that we're dealing with an illogical person here. Most people think logically and have a difficult time understanding when they run into someone that doesn't see the logical "picture". This is a perfect example.

I think it's safe to assume that Pat probably has the skills to scan and post documents or copy and paste a legitimate e-mail from GM. It has been asked numerous times of Pat to show something concrete to validate his/her claims. Seems like a logical request don't you think?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Bob D i dont have a forum going, i was so frusturated, i just blowed some smoke, and im big enough to admit it...will never happen again, im a happy camper now..so sorry

Bob D i dont have a forum going, i was so frusturated, i just blowed some smoke, and im big enough to admit it...will never happen again, im a happy camper now..so sorry

PAT, there's no answer like an honest answer... ;)

user posted image

Attached is PAT's service order/invoice for the engine replacement. I offered to help her post the invoice and she obviously elected to take me up on my offer. The image is not the best quality because I had to manipulate it in order to be under the maximum 64k image size. For obvious reasons, I have made indiscernible PAT's phone number, address, and a few VIN numbers.

post-3-1111199495_thumb.jpg

thanks so much mac for posting this invoice for me..i really appreciate it..if any of you have any input on the invoice, ill be happy to hear it, this is the only piece of paper they would give me..i asked for the area reps report, but they said this was verbal, is this the way most dealers do their work..was just curious why i didnt get a written report that the area rep made...thanks....

At this point, the old engine is just another warranty part as far as the dealer and GM are concerned. It'll go in the pile with the rest and eventually they'll get a disposition on it and will either send it back to GM for further study or chunk it.

The area rep has sent whatever he had to send to whoever he had to send it to and he's done with it. His report probably said "the thing broke before it should have and the lady is really pissed. Lets split the cost with her".

Its very doubtful that the dealer will ever see any kind of report on it. Some engineer may eventually look at it and say huh, looks like this happened to it. But that should be about it.

And life goes on................

I had to change my id, because i could not log in under the other one..was wondering if i had been blocked from this forum? Anyway, im glad you have seen my paperwork and i hope it was readable, since you had said, you had never seen a cracked engine in a northstar..this invoice should prove this to you and also, that i was telling the truth all the time..i just have a problem explaining car problems because all i know how to do is put gas in them and run them , thanks so much for all of your help..

Archived