CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Memory Check

Scotty

On the old board, we used to get a troll that claimed to have a 2000 DTS (I believe), and he showed a picture of it on a flatbed. I tried searching the archives today and could not find it. He had electrical problems if I recall, and he was dumping on Cadillac. Does anyone recall that post or how to find it?

We have been getting a lot of odd issues lately and I want to see if there are any similarities to that post

I remember that discussion and the car. If I recall correctly the individual tried to pass off the same pic of the caddy on a flatbed for two different unrelated incidents. One time claiming that he had to have his caddy towed and the other post was about his neighbor having his caddy repossessed. What a tool. One of the discussions was removed by Bruce as I recall.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Yo! I found it!

I think the post you are referring to is entitled "Glad it's them and not me this time." It was posted on April 6, 2004 by DtsNeverAgain.

I found it by searching the members list (I knew I'd recognize his handle if I saw it, and I did.)

He posted another one on April 7, 2004 entitled "Face the Facts." That one does not show up on the discussion board listing, however, and may be the one you think Bruce deleted.

He resurfaced as DTStryAgain on June 21, 2004 with a post entitled "My Daily Photo Shoot" This post received put-downs from several of our members including you, Scotty.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

i wonder if it's all coming from the same IP address? I guess if those old messages got deleted than theres no way to tell..... :ph34r:

-dave B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I don't know if its the same IP address nor do I care anymore! I thought it was necessary to remind us how this board has gotten harassed before! There are a few instances of trolls, does the name Von dieter ring any bells?

There are a few members out there that think that we over react or are nasty. I have to laugh at that assessment! We have been harrassed in the past by Cadillac haters and cretins. As someone else said, this is a Cadillac Enthusiast's site, this is not a cesspool of malcontents. This is a great resource. Is it a free world and are you protected by free speech, yes of course, but because this is a Cadillac Enthusiast's site, where a bunch of positive pro-active Cadillac lovers coexist happily, SO... it should surprise no one when we react against negative, questionable, moaning posts. Lets try to remember that this is an Enthusiast site!

There are MANY sites out there were you can get down and dirty and throw mud, please find them if you are into that sort of thing. I have posted links below of a troll with an ax to grind that we have experienced! You will notice that this troll caused members to argue who are friends today!

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1317&hl=

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1298&hl=

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2361&hl=

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2362&hl=

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2233&hl=

Lets also realize that we have had a rash of weird problems arise, James Smith, Pat and then DTS Driver. Many of us believe that they may be connected when in reality they probably are not..... Step back and ask yourself when the last time was that you saw an engine put a rod through itself idling? Is that a NORMAL occurrance?

Pat pushed our collective nerves to the edge, with her negativity, harrassment, nasty statements and victim routine. If you look at her posts on the other forum you will see this is a pattern for her. The board is on edge and has had enough. Lets get back to what makes us all happy.

Is it a free world and are you protected by free speech, yes of course, but because this is a Cadillac Enthusiast's site, where a bunch of positive pro-active Cadillac lovers coexist happily, SO... it should surprise no one when we react against negative, questionable, moaning posts. Lets try to remember that this is an Enthusiast site!

There are MANY sites out there were you can get down and dirty and throw mud, please find them if you are into that sort of thing.

Scotty, this is an enthusiast site, where we tend to be upbeat and positive about our experience with Cadillacs. It doesn't surprise me when we react negatively in some of the recent threads. But reacting negatively and resorting to personal attacks are two completely different things, and personal attacks are specifically AGAINST our charter here (see the Terms of Usage above). How can we try to rationalize that? As you say, there are MANY sites out there where you can throw mud, and unfortunately, this board has turned into one of them in these threads! The hatred and rage that some recent threads have generated is very unfortunate, and I think it reflects negatively on our group. As much as our very posts have contradicted our own rules and regs, I think we need to let these things go simply for the betterment of our community. We ARE above all the flame-throwing and name-calling that's been going on lately.

Free speech doesn't apply here. This is a PRIVATE board, not funded or appropriated by the Federal Government, but by a few Cadillac enthusiasts who enjoy talking about Cadillacs...oh, and who are also kind enough to open the discussion up to non-paying members. My point here isn't to discriminate against non-payers (I'm a non-paying contributer to many Internet forums), but simply to point out that we have the authority to decide what happens on this forum, because what happens on this forum draws on the resource$ and time that a kind few have put forward. Spending those resources on petty arguments such as these isn't what most of us had in mind I'm sure.

PLEASE, pul-eeeeze...let's drop this Pat issue! :(

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I bought up free speech because Pat did in one of her posts, how this was a public forum.

Personally I don't see the personal attacks that you have highlighted a few times, but if you say so, if there were ANY personal attacks by members getting loose, they were minimal and clamped down on immediately you can not control 3,000 members actions but you can clamp down when something happens.

What is bothering me here is that there is a tone that somehow this board was 'wrong' for its reaction to this individual, and I strongly disagree that it was. Remember there were no pictures, lying, failure to disclose web sites, poor descriptions, poor dealer diagnosis according to the owner, no warranty, blaming GM out of warranty and expecting 100% payment, so we reacted as would be expected. I have spoken to 3 dealers and all three said GM owes this individual nothing. This car was not serviced by Cadillac like she said, her friend bought it from Chevrolet and she bought it from her friend, which makes her at least the third owner, further disqualifying her for the warranty. Furthermore, she does NOT know the full history of the car it was purchased from a CHEVY dealer by her friend! Please don't blame us for this...

Archived