CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My free Eldorado UPDATE!!

Hey, you can kinda see the UGLY wheels in that pic! I'll have to pull it out and wash it so I can get some better pictures.

LOL, those are the EXACT same wheels My 92 eldo came with! :lol: They wer the only thing that I REALLY hated about the car. I still have my set in the boxes that my new ones came in downstairs.

davedog:  Yes i'd love to remove the plate holder.  I agree it looks much better without it.  Does it leave any holes where it's attached?

Yes, it does leave to visable holes, but I got two small screw that fit the holes, painted them high-gloss black, and it made to holes all but disappear. Looks 100% better than the pastic thingie anyway. Try it, you can always put it back later, but I think you'll enjoy the look.

-dave B)

P.S. as you can see in my signature below, the 4MB digital cam didn't pick up the screw covered holes, so most people won't either ;)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Here dkedrowitsch, for kicks and grins, my caddy WITH the plate holder, WITH my old wheels, and BEFORE 20% tint was added all around:

409428_1_full.jpg

and after:

p6090003.jpg

-dave B)

Whoops, didn't see your "old" pictures before my last reply...

Boy that car was perfect when you got it! How long have you had it? Mind if I asked what you paid? Just for kicks I blue booked my car and almost fell over when I saw what it said I could ask for it privately. I think it said it was still worth like $3300 or so!

Actually, my wheels are even more ugly!! :( They are a bit different...

I want your wheels and tint! Those mods would probably make a world of difference! I still don't know if I like my blue interior yet... I'll have to try and get used to it after it's cleaned and the seats are repaired.

Hey did your car come with dual exhaust? Did all of the 92s have it? Mine doesn't... :( I've been told that a camaro muffler will be a perfect fit and dual exhaust is easy to do, but i'm not sure if I have provisions for hangers on the other side (mine exits on the pass side only).

Looks like we have alot in common...lol. I use an Olympus digital cam as well. :lol: It's the "Stylus 410 Digital"

I've had this car for about a year and a half now. Bought it one owner with 48k miles for $5800. It now has 74k miles on it. Drive it to my parents house (600 miles round trip) at least once a year, always a great ride.

Good luck with the leather. Mine shows it's age some on the front seats but since it's tan you can't tell as bad as with blue....i know what you mean with the blue, I bought a caddy one time for parts that had the blue leather, you could see every crack! The back seat looks like no one ever sat in it!

409428_9_full.jpg

Keep us posted man!

-dave B)

Hey did your car come with dual exhaust? Did all of the 92s have it? Mine doesn't... :( I've been told that a camaro muffler will be a perfect fit and dual exhaust is easy to do, but i'm not sure if I have provisions for hangers on the other side (mine exits on the pass side only).

Hey, if I were you, I would fix that baby up, shine the hell out of it, and sell it for a big profit, and find a babied 93 to 96 Eldo with a NS, what do you think? If this car is not all you want, get what you want rather than making it what you want. I do understand you wanting to improve it, don't get me wrong... Mike

Hey Mike! What's the fun in that? ;)

Let's put it this way...you know that truck I mention from time to time? I bought it from a junk yard with a salvage title for $1000. Bent frame, smashed front end, cracked block, blown rear, smashed interior, previously flooded....pretty much worthless. $13K later I completely reconstructed it...the only thing origonal is the cab, bed, and the transmission. :) And I did it all myself with hand tools. Soon it will even have a Pontiac GTA tuned port engine because I got board with the simple throttle body injection. :)

I see what you mean and I would agree if it was a worthless Japanese-burner no matter what I do to it. It would be a waste of time and money. But I like to have things that are a little less then normal. I like to breath new life into something older and "wiser". Change of wheels and some other minor stuff I'll like it better then a 93-96 anyway. :)

Besides....a NS? *shutter* No offence but I like my 4.9 thankyouverymuch! :)

I heard that! ;) Although I wouldn't mind the extra horsepower...

Hey Mike! What's the fun in that? ;)

Let's put it this way...you know that truck I mention from time to time? I bought it from a junk yard with a salvage title for $1000. Bent frame, smashed front end, cracked block, blown rear, smashed interior, previously flooded....pretty much worthless. $13K later I completely reconstructed it...the only thing origonal is the cab, bed, and the transmission. :) And I did it all myself with hand tools. Soon it will even have a Pontiac GTA tuned port engine because I got board with the simple throttle body injection. :)

I see what you mean and I would agree if it was a worthless Japanese-burner no matter what I do to it. It would be a waste of time and money. But I like to have things that are a little less then normal. I like to breath new life into something older and "wiser". Change of wheels and some other minor stuff I'll like it better then a 93-96 anyway. :)

I hear you, I loved my 4.9 also! But I saw you planning lots of modifications, I will be honest with you once you NS.....you will never look back...

i just wanted to add my 2cents.after reading this thread last night , i was amazed at the difference in the before & after pictures of davedogs car . the changes he made are excellent & shows what hard work & some ca$h will do to a car.

My 92 has a single exhaust, it was a special order from the factory, so it has a gold plated grill, gold plated luggage rack/spoiler on the trunk, and the crap plastic around the license plate is also gold. But the best part is the Daton Wire Gold rims. Of course, all the gold is pealing off... kinda sad, and I took the Datons off cause people hasseled me. I'll see if i can find a picture for you guys.

Oh and my distributor cap is definately labeled with cylinder/spark plug numbers....

Archived