CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Suspension

I have mentioned before that i get the codes so61 and so62 right front height position sensor and left rear height position sensor. What i did not mention because i just heard it for the first time today, was that when i put the car in drive and step on the gas i hear a (quack) sound, last about a second. Then the Service ride control comes up. It only shows the codes mentioned.

I only hear the sound if i start the car up and put it in drive and step on the gas. I can be at the stop light and step on the gas and no sound. I guess this has always been there, since i've been getting the so-codes. Today was the first time driving the car from start-up with the radio off. The sound is not loud, in fact it's kind of faint. Has anyone experienced this before? :blink:

I only hear the sound if i start the car up and put it in drive and step on the gas

Just to clarify things a bit: Does the sound occur EVERY time you start the car up and put it in drive? Or just in the morning/evening after it has been sitting for a while?

A.J.

The sound occurs everytime i start the car, put it in drive and step on the gas.

I could be stopped at the light, then step on the gas, and there's no sound.

I could go to the store put it in park leave the engine running(with someone else sitting in the car of course) come back put it in drive step on the gas and no sound.

It only happens when i turn the car off, restart it or start it for the first time and put it in drive and step on the gas. Right after i hear the noise, the service ride control message comes on, and it's the same codes so-61 and so-62

What you're hearing is probably the ABS self-test. My car does it too, and there was another post about it here recently.

Under ABS Auto Self Test in my manual it says:

"The EBTCM/EBCM performs the following auto self-tests:

3. BITE DRIVE

EBTCM/EBCM activates all ABS valves (pressure HOLD and then INCREASE) as vehicle reference speed goes from 3.6 MPH to 7.2 MPH then to 0 MPH and finally to 3.6 MPH once again.

IF any error is detected, the EBTCM/EBCM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code. The BITE Test may be heard and felt while it is taking place."

Mine usually does it when I'm backing up to turn around in the driveway. I thought something was wrong until I saw the other post here.

Codes S061 and S062

The setting of the suspension codes at the same time of the ABS test is coincidental. Its because of the suspension's own self test:

Manual on S062:

"FAULT CONDITIONS: If the signal is out of range for more than 1/2 second at a vehicle speed greater than 5 MPH, the error is set."

Hope this helps.

Archived