CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EGR VALVE

Matt

I had a problem with what felt like engine missing at constant RPM on the hi way. I felt it was not a miss and did some checking. I found the EGR valve would not hold any vacume when pumping the trigger on my vacume test guage, not a bit. Today I replaced it and now the engine stammering wile running steady on the hi way has gone away. Wow, what a relief!! I still feel that I have a few dirty injectors, this stuff called " Lucas Injector Cleaner" was supposed to be good so I put that in with a tank of Gulf Hi test. Time will tell now. I feel a bit of a rough idle sometimes { more often } when I do not use Mobile Hi Test. Mobil makes the car idle great for some reason. I have only one Mobile station far away and the guy is not nice to me so I used Gulf. ( this guy at the Gulf speaks english and does not say things to you in another language when you drop a pen or ask him not to spill gas on the side of the car) I may have to go back to Mobil again since it is not idleing good again with the Gulf in it. So what does the EGR do?? How does it work. Thanks. Matt P/S I'd love to post a pic but it keeps saying file not excepted. Maybe someone has a tip on that to.

I'd love to post a pic but it keeps saying file not excepted. Maybe someone has a tip on that to.

The file should be less than 64 k. Open the file with PhotoShop (Photo Studio) and save as jpg.

Right click - Properties to see the size. If it is more than you need, reopen it with PhotoShop press F2, scale it say, to 50% or decrease the resolution to say, 100 dpi see if it is enough. Save on your desktop, so you could find it easier. Good luck.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived