CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Superfly AND MORE!

AaronM

These "Superfly" Eldorados are the best! HAHA! Those headlights are "pimpin'"! Hopefully some of these pictures will bring back old memories. If you get a chance, what the James Bond movie "Live and Let Die." There is a really cool white SUPERFLY Eldawg in there! :D

72corvo6.jpg

72corvo4.jpg

72Corvo1.jpg

dr71sfly.jpgelv00a.JPG

70EGELD2.JPG

70EGELD1.JPG

dr76el.jpg

Brishrs1.jpg

Brishrs1.jpg

post-3-1110502220_thumb.jpg

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

The 67 Eldo one of my all time favorites as well....I saw one in mint condition over the summer....I acted like a kid looking at a Lamborghini....looking out the back window until it was out of sight...lol

post-3-1110511195_thumb.jpg

A.J.

Those Caddys are look like they could drive right though something else...

You'd turn to you buddy and say "What was that.. did we run over a beer can?"

Was '66 or '67 the first year for FWD in the Eldo, like the Old's Tornado?

Pound for pound - it had to be the most Caddy for the money. ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Was '66 or '67 the first year for FWD in the Eldo, like the Old's Tornado?

Pound for pound - it had to be the most Caddy for the money. ;)

I dunno, ....Eldorado's go back to the fifties, I'm not sure they were making FWD back then in that model, I suspect that may have introduced it in the same timeframe as the Toronado,...only a hunch....

Now, I know something about the 1966 Olds Toronado, its debut year one of my good friend's father brought a brand new Gold one, ..duel exhaust, 425 4bbl, and speaking of beer cans,..it had a "barrel-type" speedometer yhat looked like a beer can laying on its side, with graduation marks,....we thought that was so cool...

Let me digress, it reminds me of the Star Trek episode where the Enterprise is racing against time and the camera keeps returning back to this "barrel-type" quazi-digital clock, you know, the first generation "digital clock", that was really a electro-mechanical barrel with digits painted on it, like the sequencing barrel switch for tailights on 1960's T-birds...Its funny to watch that episode now, in 2005 knowing this technology is supposed to be in 2200 or whatever the Star trek star date is...

Holy crap, I need to go to bed,...signing off...

I just thought that I would add to this Cad enthusiasm here...I may have been a weird child, but during my highschool years, Iwould call and order the cadillac books (the ones that they send to potential buyers) and I would cut out the pictures and tape them to the inside of my locker door. It was at about 14 or 15 that I told my mother that I wanted a Cadillac. Friends would tell me that it is an old man's car and I just said that they are phat as hell. Took me until I was 24 to get a "Nice" cad.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

The 67 Eldo one of my all time favorites as well....I saw one in mint condition over the summer....I acted like a kid looking at a Lamborghini....looking out the back window until it was out of sight...lol

I had a chance to get a 1967 Eldorado that was garaged for 20 years with an extra engine, tranny, fenders and bumpers. I just didnt have a place for it or the time to work on it.....oh well

Here is a real kick in the head, my uncle owns a caddy dealer outside of philadelphia, he had about 10 mothballed caddy's from the 50's and 60's with NO MILEAGE on the second floor of his dealership destroyed by FIRE! They ended up on the FIRST flood, it turns my stomach....

he had about 10 mothballed caddy's from the 50's and 60's with NO MILEAGE on the second floor of his dealership destroyed by FIRE! They ended up on the FIRST flood, it turns my stomach....

I'd probably need therapy if that happend to me, I'd spend days on end muttering "there all gone....all gone...all gone" How much was the 67 btw?

A.J.

I dunno, ....Eldorado's go back to the fifties, I'm not sure they were making FWD back then in that model, I suspect that may have introduced it in the same timeframe as the Toronado,...only a hunch....

willy h, yep the toronado was the first american fwd vehicle, and a kick a_ss one at that. Caddy went fwd with the rest of gm, not sure when but probably mid 80's -ish.

The Toronado was nowhere near the first front drive American vehicle.

The Cord L-29, built in 1929 was the first mass produced front drive car.

They built various versions over the next 6 years, most people identify with

the supercharged coffin nosed cars.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I LOVE the black 1960 caddy, this is without a doubt my favorite, WOW... Those fins could be classified as WMD's!

WMD's, you're killin' me Scotty!! :P

That is one sweet low-rider isn't it? My buddies grandparents had one just like that when I was a kid. I was always facinated by that car! B)

Willie H, I remember that Olds speedo! We had a 61 Olds that had that "roll type" speedo, and it changed colors as you went faster. When you buried the needle it went black, and then started over at the 10 mph again! :lol:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Miller Indy cars had front wheel drive. Do'nt know if they manufactured street cars though. Those 66 Toranado's were cool. Front wheel smoke shows were unique back then. Did anybody see the rear wheel drive conversion Jay Leno did on a 66 Toranado. Left it looking stock but with a GM project motor in it generating otherworldly HP. Fun project for a millionaire.

... Did anybody see the rear wheel drive conversion Jay Leno did on a 66 Toranado. Left it looking stock but with a GM project motor in it generating otherworldly HP. Fun project for a millionaire.

gygmy,

Didn't see it but heard about it...

Wasn't it two NEW vette drivetrains...AWD...900 hp

Heard Jay floored it and smoked all four 'til he hit about 90 mph...

Seems like that is Just Enough hp for the street...LOL

Not sure about the drive train in that car but the motor was definitely a GM project. Talk about a sleeper. 900 hp in a stock looking Olds. Could have some fun with that!

Archived