CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Would YOU trust "Double H"?

Outsmart Your Car

You need steady hands and a good Internet connection

by Jim Motavalli - March 10, 2005

http://westchesterweekly.com/gbase/Lifesty...?oid=oid:103317

But it gets much more arcane. The online instructions for disabling the automatic door locks on a 1994 Cadillac Concours, posted by some guy named "Double H," include the following: "Move the terminal in cavity C-13 of the RKE connector to cavity C-12 (note: this is CKT 275). You can see the terminal from the connecting side of the RKE Connector. Immediately adjacent to the terminal (again, on the plug-in side, not the wires side) is an access hole right next to the terminal. Insert an unbent paper clip (or similar) and you want to release the tang holding the terminal inside the RKE connector."

Wow! Do this and you're entrusting your Cadillac's health to someone you know only as "Double H." It probably works, though.

And I always found his posts very helpful.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I believe Double H is Cardio-Doc, if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I was thinking too. Just wasn't sure. When Cardio-Doc posted his old car pics I was thinking, "Hmmm that car looks familiar". I'm refering to his old "Prince of Darkness" 94 Concours. I loved that car.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Bruce - your eye for the latest info on Cadillac's never ceases to amaze me. The "Westchester Weekly" - how'd you find THAT one?!

I'm not the origin of that info though I have passed it around from time-to-time. John Sundeen (of GM) did me a huge favor, trotting out in the snow one night across the campus where he works to archive to find the schematics and explain all that to me - so credit clearly goes to him. That was the #1 thing I disliked about that car (Automatic Door Locks) and John helped me 'cancel' them, for which I was grateful.

I used to post as "Double H" which are my initials but 'changed' my online ID to cardio-doc to correspond with my business - selling Cadillac wheels/acessories online and through eBay.

kger2- I do miss that Concours. I love the style on those cars.

best,

~Doc

post-3-1110469980_thumb.jpg

I used to post as "Double H" which are my initials but 'changed' my online ID to cardio-doc to correspond with my business - selling Cadillac wheels/acessories online and through eBay.

I don't see the connection. I always thought you were a heart surgeon who happened to have an "in" with local Caddy scrap yards! :lol:

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Re Jadcoks' post

"I don't see the connection. I always thought you were a heart surgeon who happened to have an "in" with local Caddy scrap yards!"

Hmmm.

Maybe he's more like a Caddy scrap yarder (on Ebay) who lurks around cardio-pulmonary wards looking for good deals on Caddy's from ol'e geezers...on their "last rides". :o:P:D:lol:

Just kidding Doc.

Oh, and BTW, I need two raised emblem center caps like below. A different, flat embossed style - became a UFO alongside Area 51 a couple weeks ago in the rain at triples. These guys has passed all tests...

And ironically enough, the BRD just gaot back form getting the passenger door lock actuator replaced (not paper clipped). Free at last, free at Last, thank God almighty - she won't set off the alarm anymore... :rolleyes:

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived