CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Got a free 92 Eldorado, need help!

Someone posted the firing order earlier and it does not coincide with the pic I posted, one or the other is wrong. I will say this however someplace on the intake the firing order is stamped and it SHOULD agree with the pic I sent you, UNLESS the firing order on the 4.9 from 91 and 92 CHANGED but I doubt that...

NOTE: I am 100% positive that the #1 shown in the photo I posted is correct! SO....if you find the firing order in the intake you are good to go, just kick the engine over to see if its clockwise or counter-clockwise :blink: I can't catch a break.... :lol:

I just went through my manual closely and there are a few pages that give EVERY engine specification EXCEPT the firing order, :angry: the only place I see the firing order is in the photo I sent you, that page was called Ignition System... Check the intake manifold for confirmation, and let me know how this turns out....

I dont have my 91 anymore BTW, Mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have'nt read all the post's here but is this the "Bin" car?

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I have'nt read all the post's here but is this the "Bin" car?

Ouch :lol: dkedrowitsch, when his 2001 NS needs time-serts or a case seal remember to return the favor as you pass by him with your 4.9! :lol:

LOL! No this is not the "bin" car...whatever that is. This is a darn nice car that was owned by a lady who didn't know how to care for it. After some TLC it will be as good as new.

BTW: Got a new set of the proper plugs sitting on the table waiting to go in tomorrow. :)

Mike: Will do! I like my heavy breathing torque monster V8. :) Anything with pushrods is OK in my book!

Archived