CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

pick and pull questions. 97 Seville

Hi all. I found a nearly twin to my 97 Seville at my local pick and pull.

I want to buy the carpets but have no idea how to get the center console out of the way. Heck I would buy that too. I know the console runs all the way to the top of the dash above the radio and etc...

Also I really want the slider for the moonroof. it is perfect whereas mine is sagging a little bit.

Any insight would be highly appreciated

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Do you have the factory service manual?  I do believe it is explained in there.  I have a 96 manual, but its for a deville.

My library has Alldata, if you need me to I can print out the procedure in the AM

@rockfangd

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Ok so I found some info on the console

I must say kudos on the strength.

The console is strong.

I may try and pull it if I get a chance.

GM FAN FOREVER

So I literally bought nearly the whole interior from the pick and pull.

I wish so badly that I could have bought the car before it was scrapped. Just for all the nice parts.

I dont think it was from my area because I have never seen another one like mine.

So to remove the console you have to disassemble everything. 

The cubby, cupholders, shift bezel, ashtray, radio, etc... all of it has to come out.

Then there are 2 13mm bolts toward the rear down in the square recess that is under the cubby.

There are 4 10mm bolts right where the radio and climate control mounted. And voila. You pull up and back  to remove it.

The shifter has 3 bolts holding it into the console.

I would still like to know how to get the moonroof slider out though. It is mint😪

I am certain it will be crushed pretty quick. As rare as they are they are not as popular as the newer junk

GM FAN FOREVER

On 6/23/2019 at 8:51 PM, rockfangd said:

So I literally bought nearly the whole interior from the pick and pull.

I wish so badly that I could have bought the car before it was scrapped. Just for all the nice parts.

I dont think it was from my area because I have never seen another one like mine.

So to remove the console you have to disassemble everything. 

The cubby, cupholders, shift bezel, ashtray, radio, etc... all of it has to come out.

Then there are 2 13mm bolts toward the rear down in the square recess that is under the cubby.

There are 4 10mm bolts right where the radio and climate control mounted. And voila. You pull up and back  to remove it.

The shifter has 3 bolts holding it into the console.

I would still like to know how to get the moonroof slider out though. It is mint😪

I am certain it will be crushed pretty quick. As rare as they are they are not as popular as the newer junk

Below is the pics of where the console mounts. 4 bolts at dash. 2 at floor, rear of console

0628191449_HDR.jpg

0628191449a_HDR.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER