CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CHECK COOLANT LEVEL

seabass

WHEN I HAD THE RADIATOR REPLACED , THE CENSOR IN THE RADIATOR GOT MESSED UP AND THE DASH ALWAYS SHOWS "CHECK COOLANT LEVEL" OBVIOUSLY THE LEVEL IS FINE , IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET RID OF THAT MESSAGE?

SEABASS

93 STS

Seabass or Rockfish take your pick! ;) I think the switch is on the coolant recovery bottle check to make sure it didnt get pulled off as for the message the info reset button should do it, and obviously make sure the collant bottle is up to the correct level

Good Luck Joe

The coolant level sensor is in the bottom front of the recovery tank, easily accessable with the battery removed. On some of the tanks the sensor can be removed, however, you can't buy the sensor from the dealer anymore, just the tank assy. with the sensor in place. As I understand it,which may be totally wrong, the sensor emits a light through a window in the black plastic tank, the light is reflected off the coolant in the tank and a light sensor detects this reflected light. No coolant, no reflection. I learned this the hard way, but I do have a new tank, only $52. HOWEVER, before you change your tank check the wiring going to the sensor,the battery was sitting on mine, and if that is O.K. remove the sensor and turn it 180 degrees and reinstall it. I could only see one window in the tank and since the sensor can be installed either way it may not be facing the window in the tank. I had the sensor out a couple of times, but was always careful to re-install it the same way. So, Either I was installing it wrong or the sensor really was bad-which I doubt.

Good Luck. :)

Archived