CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Cadillac Eldorado, need help with installing aftermarket stereo when previous owner cut the wiring harness off

Ok, here is my main issue. The factory wiring harness for the stereo was cut out. I have had my aftermarket stereo installed for a few months. I just cant figure out the, SWITCHED ACCESSORY POWER. I am taking it that without the factory wiring harness I will not be able to have memory??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Memory/constant should be Orange.

Switched should be Yellow.

Test to verify!

Here is the GM car side wiring color chart:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/408.html

This is for a deville but eldo is prob. the same.

If your car side plug  is different or you need a adapter....try crutchfield.com for adapters.

Your car has seperate wires for switched and memory power!

I just swapped out my Deville cass. unit for a 90s Delco cd/am/fm unit it was plug n play!

Now for my 84 Z-28 I had to buy a plug for the Delco unit from Crutchfield and take the wires out

of the car side factory plug and wire them up to the plug for the unit.

EASY EASY EASY !

First 2 pics are the Caddy and 3rd pic is the Z-28

caddy dash (4).JPG

caddy radio (4).JPG

camaro 9.JPG

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Thanks. I have come across this problem, I have the Orange 12v constant wire, but it says that the 12v SWITCHED is a yellow wire. I am not seeing a yellow wire at all. I am seeing another Orange wire with a black stripe. But I'm still not getting the memory for my radio. Everytime i turn the car off and get back in it, I am having to reprogram the time and all the audio settings, and the sub settings. You can only imagine how frustrating that came be after a long day at work, at that point I just want to get in my car and jam out to my music and get home. 

I would test each terminal on the car side plug for power either ign. on or off.

Heck my Delco had 3 plugs in my Caddy

Chevy only had one.

The Chevy had a memory/constant wire too but forgot what color.

My Caddy install was plug n play on the delco unit

Yer missing the memory wire in the proper place.

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

11 minutes ago, Dougie8174 said:

at that point I just want to get in my car and jam out to my music and get home. 

LOL!  When I flew to Fla. to buy my Deville the factory cassette/am/fm the unit was dead !  Checked fuses/relay etc. ...yea dead!

Went to wallyworld and bought a ghetto blaster for JAMS on the way back home to NY!

NO way I am gonna cruise with no tunes!

WARNING!!!!  For you ffolks who wanna upgrade/swapout your older/dead unit to A newer GM/Delco stereo be warned that 03 and newer radios

are VIN locked to the car they were installed in at the factory!

That requires a trip to the dealer for a TECH 2 hookup to unlock $$$$ !

Same with a locked up THEFTLOC unit but they usually can be unlocked with instructions found online.

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Archived