CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 Seville Pre-Purchase Question

Hi to All,

New poster here.  I am looking to purchase a good old Seville.  I just love the design and performance of the cars.  I wanted to know if anyone can help me make sense of what the seller posted for a description of the car:

The car is in great condition and has no problems while driving, it has very low mileage, the A/C and heating work.
The problem with the car is that it is unable to connect to a OBD tester but it provides power to the port itself.
It's sold as is and you can come for a test drive.

What are your thoughts on possible causes?  What questions would you ask?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Welcome.  Problems with the pcm or fuse box can cause the obd to fail to communicate.  Look for blown fuses, shorts, or open circuits.

if the 2003 is a v8 and still had onboard diagnostics you may be able to review for codes that way and also discover why obd not talking

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

if the car is not a give-away/haul-away that you want to spend time on and restore, then yes I would pass.  Assume if it were simple to fix the owner/dealer already would have.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It could be nothing like a fuse.....or...it could be a serious network problem.

Sounds kind of ominous and sounds like some critical details are missing.  Not something you normally see posted in car for sale ads. 

It is not a normal known failure issue with those cars. (....Escalades are known for this if a penny gets in the cigarette lighter socket and blows the fuse...). 

I personally would have a mechanic look at the issue and see if it can be quickly resolved. If not a quick and easy fix....I would walk away. 

Welcome to CaddyInfo forum.

I have to ask 

How was power and ground verified at the ALDL?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived