CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 Deville hard to start?

PAUL T

I don't have trouble starting the car but my wife has trouble all the time. She turns the key on then waits about 10-15 seconds then turns the key and holds it to long and it screeches the starter. I have told her not to wait 10-15 seconds and to let go after a few seconds so it doesn't screech the starter. She just tells me I don't drive the car and don't know what she goes through to start it sometimes. About a year ago I changed the plugs, wires, coils, and plenum between throttle body and intake manifold. I also had trouble with the TPS about that time too and changed it. I acknowledge that "occasionally" I have had trouble with it too. The recent codes don't relate to any starting problem, current or history. We did have a problem starting it one time after replacing the TPS. I bought another TPS after having a history P0120 code, but it didn't help so I put the old one back in. I think just the movement of the TPS plug helped and it started. What are the codes for the crank sensors. Any other possibilities. She is driving me up the wall complaining. 

Sounds to me that if she is screeching the starter, the engine is already running.  Tell her to check the tach before trying a restart that isn't required (or is a different problem I'm not understanding?).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

All I can say is LMAO. 

I feel your pain. Its her car and she knows whats wrong with it but wants you to fix it.

You tell her what you think and she probably does not like that. 

I deal with that all the time.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived