CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

transplanting 2001 DeVille seats into 1937 LaSalle. Seat heater operation?

First some history, and an apology to purists. I have a '37 LaSalle (5019, 4-door touring sedan) that had already been modified when I bought it.  The body and most of the interior were intact and all original but the chassis and drivetrain had long since been removed. In their place was a 2X4 frame with 1970 Chevelle front and rear frame clips. There was no engine or transmission.

I'm keeping the body stock, with all that beautiful trim, etc, no chopping or anything like that, also retaining the original dash, which is also beautiful. Beyond that, however, I'm doing something pretty different. I'm using the engine and automatic overdrive from a 2004 GMC Envoy. It's a DOHC inline six and is a nod to my first car, a '63 Chevy, which had an inline 6. For the seats, I'm using the white leather from a 2001 Deville. 

For those who are upset about my modifications, I apologize, however, I think of my project as giving life and love to a car that had been already modified and then abandoned. This LaSalle is now back on the road in a limited fashion. It runs but is far from finished.

So I bought a 2001 DeVille with a bad motor so I could harvest the interior. I ended up taking the wiring harness and all the computer modules except the PCM and I stripped all the pieces and parts and modules out of the doors as well because who knows what I might need someday...

As you may imagine, there have been several twists in this project.  The current one, which is the point of this post is this.  I'd like to hook up the seat heaters. My question is this: Do I need to hook up the dash integration module and/or the rear integration module for the heaters to work? My guess is that at least one of them needs to be active but I haven't found a definitive answer. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Thanks,

Mike

oh that's good news then.  My impression is that the seat heaters are 'only' heating coils, and I suppose in that model the door switch was power controller.  In my ATS-V the controller is 3 positions on the infotainment system.  Glad it is working.    I like that LaSalle look.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 7 months later...

All I can say is Wow.

Very cool. Love that front end.

So Glad what you have is working. But if you run into issues you could probably run with the electrical setup from the 90s which has the heater controlled without the computer

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 1 year later...

rockfanged stole my thunder but you can find the seat heater power connector and thermister connectors under the seat pad bottom. You can use a simple relay and switch set up or build in a separate zone temp controller using https://www.mpja.com/Digital-Temperature-Controller-Thermostat/productinfo/32709+MP/  dual zone thermostat and some sheet metal work on the dash.

32709.jpg