CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2005 sts 3.6L

i replaced the coil and other things bad happened. check engine light was flashing , motor had little power . at take off very sluggish then after 1st gear a little stronger

took it to auto zone and had them code it 2 times

first codes were

p0300 engine misfire detected

p0420 catalyst system low efficiency bank 1

p0305 cyl 5 misfire detected

p0355 for ign coil control circuit

p0203 injector 3 control circuit

p0205 injector 5 control circuit

p0201 injector 1 control circuit

then car wouldnt start so we disconnected the battery , waited about 5 minutes and it reluctantly started

coded again and got these codes

p0201 again

p0203 again

p0305 again

on saturday this car ran like a beast then sunday on an outing the check engine light started FLASHING it was solid before as i had it coded last week to find it was a catalytic converter code. so with check engine light flashing i started to see smoke coming from under the hood!!!!

pulled over to find the coil pack on the passenger side by the firewall end was melting . i disconnected the wire harness so i could drive back home. today i installed a new coil pack and all the issues i first described took place,,,,,,, can i get some good sound advise please ???? car has 114500 miles on it , I've only used premium gasoline , oil life is at 70 % and i have only had it a month and the check engine light only illuminated last weekend , three weeks after i got the car

Archived