CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

looking to buy a used 2000 or newer sts or cts , what to look out for , common problems etc

Hi All, im new to this site, hope you are all well!!

I want to get a Seville or CTS. i presently have a suburban and use that for work AND family.. tired tired of using it for family as i always need to rearrange the contents to fit kids and i cant even get 10 bags of groceries in with all of us in it lol 

Im so weary of dealers and buying from them , never had a good experience with them. I am hoping this forum can help me through the process and what to look for and what to avoid!

Buying from private individuals can be as frightening but i think is usually better than a pushy dealer/salesman only after the commission and sale.

Ive seen a 06 or 05 CTS with #5 cyl misfiring and the possible cause is horrifyingly expensive at worst case scenario. things like that ,, i hope i can find out more what i need to look for.

thanks to anyone that takes some time from their day to help me

EDG! 

Oh sorry so anything 2000 and newer?  Ok, so if we zoom in to 2000 or newer and less than 50K miles, my budget target would be a RWD STS with V8.  During 2005-2011 the RWD STS used a LH2 320 hp variant of the Northstar V8 until it was basically priced out of the market by the similar-power 302hp V6 which carried a lower price.    However, that can be a factor in your favor buying used.  

Similar to this example (although I don't care for the aftermarket wheels):  https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/729827511/overview/

or this 2011 example: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/740638938/overview/

the STS has nice rear leg room.  How large is your family?  If you need to seat 7 for example an Escalade might be the right family 'car.'

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived