CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Cadillac XT5 Revisited and Ready

The Cadillac XT5 Crossover replaced the SRX in 2017.  The newly designed XT5 is the first of several crossovers for Cadillac — there will be a smaller XT4 and a longer XT6 coming soon.

In terms of size, the XT5 is a mid-size 4 seater with plenty of room behind the back seats.  The XT4 will be a smaller 4 seater with less storage room.  The XT6 will be a full 6/7 seater with storage room.

The one I enjoyed for a few days was an XT5 Luxury FWD.  The XT5 comes in several successive trims — Standard, Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum XT5.  The Luxury like I drove features:

• Leather seating surfaces, 8-way adjustable front passenger side, driver and front passenger power lumbar control, driver and front passenger heated seats
  • Memory Package: Includes two presents for power driver’s seat, outside mirrors, tilt-and-telescoping steering column, and driver personalization features
  • Automatic-dimming rearview mirror
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Cargo Management System with adjustable cargo fence and retractable cargo shade
  • UltraView® Power Sunroof
  • 18-inch bright machined face alloy wheels with Light Argent accents
  • Heated and power-adjustable outside mirrors with driver-side auto dimming
  • Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Rainsense™ front wipers

The engine in the XT5 has 310 hp / 271 lb-ft of torque, which not too long ago was muscle car territory.  The 8-speed automatic transmission was flawless and responsive.

One feature that bears some getting used to — the shifter.

MRC.jpg

There are two buttons on the shifter — one to the left side, and one on top.  First, the one on top, marked “P”, puts the transmission into PARK.  Remember that and you’ll be good.  The one on the left side of the shifter has to be depressed in order to shift either to reverse or drive.  Reverse is forward and left, drive is back.

Overall, the XT5 is terrific.  It drives great, visibility is complete, and power is plentiful.  Safety features are omnipresent.

I am very interested to see the XT4 and XT6 on the road.  Based on the XT5, Cadillac knows how to do these.

Thanks to Crest Cadillac for the XT5 test drive.

View the full article

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived