CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Did I screw up????

coolnesss

I wasn't paying close enough attention one day, and bought 2 quarts of "blended" synthetic Mobil oil and put it in the car to top it off before I focused and saw the "blended synthetic" notation on the label.

The car had normal 10-30 Mobil.

Is this a problem?

Yeah... you are fine. I was reading the manual for an '05 CTS (its factory fill is Mobil-1), and even it says that if you can get full synthetic to add a quart, just use a quality SL oil with the same 5W-30 rating.

Since synthetic isn't even required for your '98, I think you are fine until your next oil change.

That's funny stuff Willie. I got three cars now all V8s. Plus one mo-ped. That makes 25 clys. :D

I got three cars now all V8s. Plus one mo-ped. That makes 25 clys. :D

Okay,...if your going to that "technical",...I also have a lawnmower, gas blower, gas weedeater, and a replica Honda Trail 70cc minibike, so I actually have 36 cylinders (not including any air or a/c compressors...)

The real point is, I prefer "performance" over "economy"....., I don't have any other expensive hobbies...

I have learned to appreciate Cadillac engineering ever since I acquired my father's '93 STS. I thought long and hard about buying a 4.6L SRX before I broke down and bought an '04 Durango Hemi, I just couldn't justify the $ 20K swing.

Got an 84 motor home, so I left off 8cylrs. Hey man, just joking, it's hard to let some folks know when you just type instead off talk face to face. Hopefully I will get better at communicating this way. :)

Archived