CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1976 Castillian Estate Wagon

Bring a (big) trailer.

00t0t_dkTngmv5evQ_1200x900.jpg

Interesting background from: http://www.facereplace.com/mirage/History of the Cadillac Mirage.htm

James Kribbs was a manager at Wilshire Cadillac on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, California and worked a man named Jack Patrick. 
     They went out to eat one Friday and had a small conversation about what they would do if they could start a company that converted Cadillac’s into trucks and station wagons.
     After the meal they left and my dad James Kribbs came home for the weekend without giving any serious consideration concerning the conversation he had with Jack.
     When he went back to work in Beverly Hills, Jack Patrick brought in 3 drawings he made during the weekend.  The drawings were ideas of what the Cadillac conversions could look like.
     My dad was impressed with the drawings and decided to start the company.
     He started "Traditional Coachworks" in Chatsworth, California while doing business with Wilshire Cadillac.
     The very first conversion was a Cadillac truck that Evel Knievel bought.  Mr. Knievel liked the truck and ordered a white one with extra chrome that was used in his movie. 

00z0z_8Xfy4vuKxRz_1200x900.jpg

Extremely rare 76 Cadillac station wagon. Straight body. 500ci runs well. 
One of 50 produced in 1975 and 1976
Needs restoration 

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/cto/d/1976-cadillac-castilian/6588326866.html

Original ad from Traditional Coach Works, LTD:

image007.JPG

Interesting background from: http://www.facereplace.com/mirage/History of the Cadillac Mirage.htm

James Kribbs was a manager at Wilshire Cadillac on Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, California and worked with a man named Jack Patrick.      They went out to eat one Friday and had a small conversation about what they would do if they could start a company that converted Cadillac’s into trucks and station wagons.    After the meal they left and my dad James Kribbs came home for the weekend without giving any serious consideration concerning the conversation he had with Jack. When he went back to work in Beverly Hills, Jack Patrick brought in 3 drawings he made during the weekend.  The drawings were ideas of what the Cadillac conversions could look like.     My dad was impressed with the drawings and decided to start the company.
     He started "Traditional Coachworks" in Chatsworth, California while doing business with Wilshire Cadillac.     The very first conversion was a Cadillac truck that Evel Knievel bought.  Mr. Knievel liked the truck and ordered a white one with extra chrome that was used in his movie. 

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived