CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2018 Cadillac XT5 | Full Review & Test Drive

XT5 replaced the SRX, and will soon be joined by the XT4 (smaller crossover), and perhaps an XT7 (larger crossover).

Nice to hear some praise for the 3.6L engine performance & sound; the glossy magazines have been critical of it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Concur with just about everything he said.  I've had my '17 XT5 since mid 2016 (mine is one step below this review) as a Luxury with nav and bose.  I too love the 3.6 with 8-speed tranny.  Not a big fan of the stop/start but it is very smooth and practically instant (it does not have a defeat button but there are other ways to minimize the start/stop function).  My XT5 is FWD and gets 29.5 to 32.5 mpg at hwy speeds (low end 55/60 and higher end 65/70).  Smooth, quiet, decent handling; I love my ride.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Nice; seems like good mpg for a crossover.  Understand re start/stop. 

I need to get an XT5 review scheduled ahead of the XT4 release. 

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Also saw today on Autoline Daily that the XT6 will be built at the Springhill plant (where the XT5 is currently produced) beginning first quarter (probably Spring) of '19.  This leads to the probable sharing of platforms with adjustments and extensions (for a third row seat); hope they do it right.

p.s.  ....and re-reading my previous post, I hope I wasn't confusing my mpg numbers; the highest MPG attained is at the slower speed and vice a versa.  Very good mileage non the less (your mileage may vary)  ?

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived