CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 Deville Dashboard

CRC2362

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has dashboard coming unglued. Does anyone have any sugestions on a fix? I really don't want to put one of those dashboard rugs up there. Thanks Craig

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has dashboard coming unglued. Does anyone have any sugestions on a fix? I really don't want to put one of those dashboard rugs up there. Thanks Craig

Well, I would look in scrap yards to buy a new one, it may take some time. if you don't have scrap yards near you, let me know the color of your interior we have tons of junk yards, its a matter of getting lucky

You might also want to check http://www.car-parts.com

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has dashboard coming unglued.  Does anyone have any sugestions on a fix?  I really don't want to put one of those dashboard rugs up there.  Thanks Craig

You are not alone! My 99 Deville is having the same problem. The grille keeps coming loose and the pad is turning upward on the passenger side. Looks terrible. I will probably take it to a BodyShop and see if they can fix it!

I've noticed that the interior glues used in these interiors don't hold up that well. Perhaps the dashboard glues are the same ones used on the door panels? I've had to repair the door panels on both back doors where the ash tray area is. The vinyl and its backing pulls away from the metal frame underneath it, and the edge starts to expose itself from underneath the ashtray bucket. Hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you have seen the same. Hopefully, the shot of Super Glue I used a few months ago will be a permanent fix. It looks like new now...no signs of anything having happened there, but it's annoying for a vehicle of this age to start having these types of problems, usually associated with cars a decade or more older.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has dashboard coming unglued.  Does anyone have any sugestions on a fix?  I really don't want to put one of those dashboard rugs up there.  Thanks Craig

You are not alone! My 99 Deville is having the same problem. The grille keeps coming loose and the pad is turning upward on the passenger side. Looks terrible. I will probably take it to a BodyShop and see if they can fix it!

Now that you mention it, mind does that also. Hmm the superglue and clamps sounds like an idea. Its an area that takes a lot of heat from the sun, I imagine its a combo of vinyl shrinking and glue lettng loose from the suns heat. How does this dash come off... :blink:

Now that you mention it, mind does that also. Hmm the superglue and clamps sounds like an idea. Its an area that takes a lot of heat from the sun, I imagine its a combo of vinyl shrinking and glue lettng loose from the suns heat. How does this dash come off... :blink:

This repair is not a high priority for me but I will eventually do it. Let us know if you tackle it and I will do the same!

Archived