CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Howdy, all!

All of a sudden, I am having issues with my window switches, especially from my drivers side

...intermittently goes dead, then will make "contact" and work. Is there a routine to "reboot"/ "reset" the window switches....or any thoughts on this? Usually can make the switch function if I stop, and restart the ignition, which makes me think it is a computer or switch issue. The switches have never gotten wet.

Probably have broken wires in the loom at the drivers door, between the door and the body.

Likely losing communication with the driver door module

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

There is a module for each door. The driver door is the master . 

The wires flex as you open and close the door and break over time. 

Do the windows work with the other door switches?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue in my 01 Seville. When I bought it, the passengers side window would go down, but not up. I popped the switch out and dismantled it (it's just snapped together). I found a crack in the pcb (printed circuit board) running across one of the printed circuits. I sanded the spot down and put a drop of solder on the copper circuit. It still works years later. When the driver window button started acting up, I bought the whole cover with switches off ebay. I did have to swap switch covers and the switches into my unit as the ones off ebay didn't match interior color.

I had a light go out in my volume button on the steering wheel, so I un-soldered one from my old window switch and replaced it. Bonus! 

Archived