CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What Can I Do?

Hey People,

How is everyone today? Im good ne way im not gonna cuss this time because its gonna get edited. Ok i tood pearl to a shop the other day and the mechanic said it didint look like gas was gettin into my oil and he said the reason she could be riddin' rough is that i need to replace my spark plugs that would be the cheapest thing to do before we jump to conclusions.any way i was reading the factory manual the other day and it said not to use any motor oil higher than 10w30 and i also asked the mechanic and he said they just say that to cover themselves but here in the south where the weather gets real hot i should use a little bit thicker oil, i dont know personally thats why i came back to my favoret place to find out what i should do..has anyone used 10w40 or higher in their 4.9's and what was the result of it. Please get back to me. thank you

:rolleyes:

I have a 90 Deville and the only oil I ever used was 10W40, cause it does get hot down where we live. It has 206,000 miles and the 4.9L has never been touched. However, I'm sticking with 10W30 in my 4.6L.

Hey People,

How is everyone today? Im good ne way im not gonna cuss this time because its gonna get edited.  Ok i tood pearl to a shop the other day and the mechanic said it didint look like gas was gettin into my oil and he said the reason she could be riddin' rough is that i need to replace my spark plugs that would be the cheapest thing to do before we jump to conclusions.any way i was reading the factory manual the other day and it said not to use any motor oil higher than 10w30 and i also asked the mechanic and he said they just say that to cover themselves but here in the south where the weather gets real hot i should use a little bit thicker oil, i dont know personally thats why i came back to my favoret place to find out what i should do..has anyone used 10w40 or higher in their 4.9's and what was the result of it. Please get back to me. thank you

:rolleyes:

You are asking repetitive questions that we answered already. The member referred to as bbobynski replied to you already, he is very knowledgable. If you want to go by the manual continue using 10W30 go ahead, you won't do any harm and you will be able to sleep at night. We are very aware of what the MANUAL states I even MENTIONED what the manual states in one of my posts, review your prior thread on this issue:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5154&hl=

Anyway, what's to CUSS about and roll your eyes about? Re-read the prior thread

Archived