I just picked up a '95 Deville last night for my daughter.  The heat/AC blower does not come on.  CEL is on but haven't had the chance to run codes yet.  Any common failures that would cause the blower to not function?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

Probably the most common is a defective blower module and then the blower motor itself. BUT, better to diagnose it and not throw parts at it.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

that era was common to blower motor. the wires burn to the motor.

as good practice I always try and replace both the blower motor and the module.

doubt it would throw a code. 

As for the code you pulled  was it current or history? 

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

?

As in the blower is missing or you just did not find it??

It is located on the center of the firewall and depending on which one it has it will require  the engine to be rocked forward a little bit to replace it.

The codes being history I would not worry about them. I recommend clearing them and see if any return.

BTW the only thing better than a 1995 Deville is a 1996 Deville. Best year ever:hatsoff:

GM FAN FOREVER

Wow.....looking that way.....

You likely could lower the entire engine and cradle a bunch and do it. 

Not exactly a part with a high failure and replacement rate.

Your part number is #18 in the attached pic...you may need #16 too. I also think you need the combined blower with internal control module style 

#18.JPG

You can still make it work it's not a big deal. All you need is the little plastic piece that completes the circle to aid in blower motor R & R. 

Kind of what I was thinking barczy01.  I'm thinking of getting some sheet metal and welding a piece to cover the opening.  Then cut an opening for the blower.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

you in a hurry to get the car running? I am heading to pick and pull to get some stuff when it warms up and I can get you the plastic insert. In addition too i can get you all the blower motor bolts.

Ugghh....more info. 

Your part "BARRIER - GM (89019293)" above is really just the sound insulation cover. #18 in above picture. It is just a hard plastic cover with about 3/4 inch of insulation on the back of it. 

What you really need is #16...the 'Case AC evaporator blower' #52461508.....NLA....it is no longer available new from GM.  

to date this is a first for me. I have yet to see the housing missing.

I would call a few yards and see if they can pull the whole housing with motor and all.

Not likely to get the black insulator though, they crumble if you look at them wrong.

Watch out for critters to be getting in there. That is easy access

GM FAN FOREVER

Use some of that black playdoe stuff we used at the dealerships in the 90's. I believe we called it dumdum and it was in a blue 3m box, cover the case with it.

I picked up some 16ga steel at Lowe's this morning.  Going to try to fab this thing together.  Still gotta order up the blower itself.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS