CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Headlights Randomly come on when car is off

Hey all so i have a 05 Cadillac Escalade ESV and up until the past 3 weeks its been working great, i woke up one morning to goto work and the battery was 100% dead, figured its -30 around here and maybe thats the issue, so boosted it drove it to work came out on lunch and the DRL which are converted to LEDs were on, i thought thats pretty odd, so after work drove home its like 5:30ish so was dark out here, and turned the truck off and the interior lights stayed on, so i tried all switches and could not get them off so started the truck then turned it off everything seemed good, so i go in the house eat dinner look out the window and the headlights are on, go out to the truck try manually turning them off and they wont shut off so disconnected the NEG- on the battery and said F it for the night but for the past 3 weeks i have been disconnecting the NEG and reconnecting it everywhere i go (pain in the ___) anyways thought it would leave it yesterday to see if maybe it randomly fixed itself but well im here cause thats not the case, at one point the headlights where going on and off and on and off all on there own, but during the day its just the DRL so i guess im trying to figure out what could be the issue and where i would start to getting this resolved once and for all, thanks all in advanced for your help

While troubleshooting my '04 Bravada that had my headlights turning off (randomly), then back on, I found that there is a headlight relay that can fail like mine and intermittently turn on and off.  Now, getting back to your problem; in that same resolution it also mentioned that that same relay could get stuck "ON" and lead to the problem you describe.  In your case, they mentioned that you could probably see the relay physically distorted (due to some melting though not always the case).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived