CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

97 STS

:D You guys are probly getting tired of hearing about all these cars I am trying to buy but this one will probly be mine once I get some of the little problems priced out on it. Its a 97 black on black. But when you take off the car drags itself along like a chev cavalier! The problem is that it's starting in second gear because when you are on the high way at speeds of 50 mph and you walk on er she will put you right back in your seat like it should! What would be causeing this any suggestions would be appreciated!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Instead of starting a new post for every issue why not just stick with one post..... since you're talking about the same car. That way the rest of us know the history of the issues. Less clutter too.

Did you access the codes? What were they?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

No I never accesed the codes I might do that if I go to look at the car maybe tommorow night im not sure though. And we played around with the traction control we turned it on turned it off, put in a new fuse, tryed it with no fuse, I don't think thats the problem. :blink: It's really weird!

user posted image

I know how much that will cost and what caused it! :lol: I am getting the car for 5000 dollars how could I complain Yenk? :lol: The trim is gone cause the car was painted and the windsheild is cracked because the car was in a little accident which has all been fixed now! (The accident was someone backed right up into the car when it was in a parking lot) :lol::lol:

What do you think the chrome trim will cost? :D

user posted image

What is that chrome trim called? I was looking on gm parts direct but wasn't sure to be looking for trim or what? Has anyone replaced this before?

user posted image

I'm having trouble figuring out why you want to dump the 94 which you know runs well and venture into a 97 that has problems from the start. And these are only the ones you know of. Take a lead pencil and turn the 4 on 94 into a 7 on your registration if that makes you feel better. :lol:

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

HA HA! Than I would have to take some cans of spray paint and paint the outside the nice fresh black and ther interiour black, take some chrome paint and paint my wheels and get a whole new gauge cluster and install the 96-97 stereo! My 94 had lots of problems to and like I said I can't beat the price! I was just wondering what the trim was called I wasn't trying to seek advise on what car I should buy and what one I should keep.

user posted image

I'm having trouble figuring out why you want to dump the 94 which you know runs well and venture into a 97 that has problems from the start. And these are only the ones you know of. Take a lead pencil and turn the 4 on 94 into a 7 on your registration if that makes you feel better. :lol:

I told him that from the biginning! It is not even inspected yet........ wait untill everything is fixed and finished on the 97 before you make the decison that you are gonna buy it! You still havn't sold you car yet....... :lol:

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Okay you should know this but since you dont LOL! It will be all checked out before I buy it, I will take it to a shop see what it needs for inspection, get prices for the things it needs, There aren't to many reasons why I couldn't be making money off this car! It needs a few little things yes but nothing major! If you think my cars perfect it isn't I don't know what made you think that! Yes it runs fine but it does need a few things and so does this 97! So I have always wanted a black on black caddy this is my chance if everything works out and it needs only minor things for inspection great I will buy it, if not than I will just keep on searching simple as that! right now I'm priceing stuff thats why i'm still trying to figure out what the trim is called! :lol:

user posted image

I just found it I think! someone on the other forum said that it's rocker panel trim! I found it on gmparts direct but I'm not 100% sure and the picture won't come up! I will phone the dealer tommorow and ask because I need to know for sure what it is hopefully they will know what it is than I can get the price!

user posted image

Archived