CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Salt!!!!

AaronM

Mike,

I think you can only get it through Zaino Bros.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Oh thanks Larry, this is a polymer isn't it, the only thing that worries me about using Zaino is that you need to totally strip the paint.. any feelings about Zaino?

Never tried it so I can't speak from any expirience but they do make a good pitch...... don't they all ;) Anytime you talk about waxes, they are one of the names that seems to always come up as one of the better ones. I guess one of the reasons I have not tried them is that it is not convenient. There are so many on the store shelves that I have to believe there is something similar. I doubt there are any "secret ingridients" out there that make one better than the next though I know everyone has his or her favorite.

I'm 58 yrs old and have always kept a polished & waxed car. A couple of years ago (3) I tried some Zaino. It is without a doubt the best stuff I have ever used. It goes on easy and comes off easy. You have to be able to read & follow directions and you will have an amazing shine that lasts thru a MI winter.

It is NOT a cleaner. It is just a shine. Therefore you really should prepair the paint for the shine. Ea. Spring I 1. Clay. 2. Polish. 3. Zaino Z2 W/ZFX. Two coats in the Spring and once a every 2 or 3 months untill winter.

What you need for the process is Z2, XFZ, Z6. The tire dressing and leather-in-a-bottle are optional but highly recomended. Also get the car wash soap.

For polishing I use a rotary buffer(if needed) and an orbital buffer and Menzerna Intensive Polish and Final Polish. Just make sure that your polish leaves no oils ect. before applying Zaino. Thats where the dawn wash comes in.

Let me know if you have any questions. I feel confident that having tried it you will be as impressed as I.

This is just a note from us folks where you have to clean off all the snow and ice from your car because it is "garaged" out doors. When you use a brush to take off the snow and sleet, stop and think for a second, how much road dirt and grit has accumilated in that brush over time? You must clean off your car to operate it but use a gentle touch cleaning it off, no matter how much of a rush or freezzing cold you might be feeling. Never let your kids use that brush for play. It will come back to you with the scubbing power of diamonds.

I use Zaino products. I love the spotless look of the pain after using the claybar. It removes everything! I love it! :D

Aaron where do you buy Zaino products? Mike

I got it from www.zainostore.com. I can't wait to use their products again! I forgot what website it was, but they were rated the number one car polish! They are awesome! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Aaron, how do you feel about having to strip all of the wax off the car and is that hard to do? Does water sheet off the surface or bead. I would rather have sheeting than beading, Mike

Scotty,

I see you are in New York, however here in Windsor, ON, across from Detroit, there is a retail outlet at the mall that sells the full line of Zanio products. It is a Barber shop/Automotive memorabilia store (strange combo, eh?). I don't know how prices compare to buying off the net, you may be better off there, but they do sell it, "in person"!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Aaron, how do you feel about having to strip all of the wax off the car and is that hard to do?  Does water sheet off the surface or bead.  I would rather have sheeting than beading, Mike

I think the idea of stripping off the wax is a good idea. Doing so gives you a nice clean canvas, so to speak, to apply the wax to. You don't have to worry about any kind of debris that could be in there. It is not hard to do at all. I use the claybar first with a mixture of dawn and water as the lube and then rub away. Then I completetly wash the car with dawn. Then, put on all the waxes.

The water beads off when you put water on it. But it beads off so aggressively that the car practically dries itself! The water beads and jumps off it so fast. I still dry it with a cloth though. It is really fun to watch. It seems like the water is affraid of the paint. Zaino products are awesome! They are worth every penny. The last time I waxed my car was in October. I just washed it today because it is over freezing and the water still beaded up and ran off. But, it wasn't as aggressive as it was before, haha. I bought the kit that they have for sale with everything included. It was less that $100 I believe. The paint feels so smooth after a nice waxing! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Speaking of clean cars can you guys guess who these shineing caddys are??? LOL! :lol: We just had a little photo shoot today they turned out pretty good wouldn't you say? :D

post-3-1110153975_thumb.jpg

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Another one they are so clean I think they are the cleanest cars on the roads around here!

post-3-1110154122_thumb.jpg

user posted image

Aaron, how do you feel about having to strip all of the wax off the car and is that hard to do?  Does water sheet off the surface or bead.  I would rather have sheeting than beading, Mike

I think the idea of stripping off the wax is a good idea. Doing so gives you a nice clean canvas, so to speak, to apply the wax to. You don't have to worry about any kind of debris that could be in there. It is not hard to do at all. I use the claybar first with a mixture of dawn and water as the lube and then rub away. Then I completetly wash the car with dawn. Then, put on all the waxes.

The water beads off when you put water on it. But it beads off so aggressively that the car practically dries itself! The water beads and jumps off it so fast. I still dry it with a cloth though. It is really fun to watch. It seems like the water is affraid of the paint. Zaino products are awesome! They are worth every penny. The last time I waxed my car was in October. I just washed it today because it is over freezing and the water still beaded up and ran off. But, it wasn't as aggressive as it was before, haha. I bought the kit that they have for sale with everything included. It was less that $100 I believe. The paint feels so smooth after a nice waxing! :D

Yes, wax should be removed yearly from your car's finish because it tends to yellow or change colors as it ages and this in turn will give a yellow or other color cast to you car's finish.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Wax is needed in order to "break the surface tension" of the paint and let the water bead and run... with all it's contaminents with it.

If you wash your car, wax it... I have waxed my car every time I wash it by hand. this would average 3 times per month for 6 years.

IF you want your paint to last and the finish to shine, you really need to get the grime off and simple washing doesn't do it.

I have learned a lot from all you folks and have some new products to check out... thanks for the posts and I will follow this one to the end...

Mke P

Wax is needed in order to "break the surface tension" of the paint and let the water bead and run... with all it's contaminents with it.

If you wash your car, wax it... I have waxed my car every time I wash it by hand. this would average 3 times per month for 6 years.

IF you want your paint to last and the finish to shine, you really need to get the grime off and simple washing doesn't do it.

I have learned a lot from all you folks and have some new products to check out... thanks for the posts and I will follow this one to the end...

Mke P

I wash my car once a week and wax once a month if i can that is! Depends on the weather!

user posted image

I wash everything once a week at least, my buddy works at a shop and has the keys to go in anytime after hours. We're both neat freaks so we hang out in there polishing everything clean on a Friday night before hittin' up the bar and such. I wax when I can, clean rags are always hard to come by around here :( .

Spence

Archived