CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddyinfo.com Discussion Board

PAT38915

After reading this whole thread I couldn't help but add my two cents so here it goes. Back when my mother still had my 95 concours 2 months after it was out of warantee the half-case oil seal went. Needless to say my mother was royally pissed just like PAT38915 when she found out how much it was going to cost to fix. I don't remember the exact details of what happened but she complained to Cadillac and they ended up paying for half the repair. Which I believe is what they should have done because that seal didn't fail because of anything my mother did to it. She just like PAT38915 was also up in arms about never buying another cadillac again, etc, etc. It turned out however that after this repair it needed nothing but an egr valve and normal maintence for many years until it finally needed to have the front struts replaced because of the horrible state that the roads are in here in Newark, NJ. I guess moral of the story is that just because one bad thing happens don't let that sway you into thinking that Cadillacs are bad cars. My mother has since bought a 2002 DTS which she absolutly loves and has had almost no problems with it so far.

Hmmm this post appeares to have turned into 4 or 5 cents. :lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

95concours Posted on Feb 28 2005, 02:41 PM

I guess moral of the story is that just because one bad thing happens don't let that sway you into thinking that Cadillacs are bad cars. My mother has since bought a 2002 DTS which she absolutly loves and has had almost no problems with it so far.

Well said. Hey right after I bought my STS (well 3 months), something quite significant happen on the way home from Barnes & Noble one night to the tune the car did not want to steer to the left. Needless to say, the "stabilitrak (spelling) kicked in and started steering and literally driving the car for me, including, controlling the throttle. All I had to do was provide the steering input. Needless to say I was quite impressed. The Domino's pizza boy on my rump was sure surprised. Guess the brake lights & light bar doesn't work when the computer takes over.

When I got it home is wondering what kinda' "rag-bag bucket of bolts, made in Michigan POS " did I get myself in for? But other than a replaced hub recently, no real issues. Oh by the way, last week on a 200 mile trip, I turned the climate control off and drove 67 MPH and averaged 29.4 MPG ... in a STS none the less. No WOT's though! This week running 78 MPH w/o climate with WOT's I got 25.1 MPG for the same distance.

To me, that's an awful lot to ask of a car with the comfort & zip that these cars have.

Just my thoughts!

Jim

I usually do not get involved in these types of threads, as any input, could come back to haunt me. But, I am compelled to reply to this one. I am still waiting to hear from Pat the symptoms that were occurring. If the only thing that was happening, was the Add Coolant message, then I am raising the BS flag. Not necessarily on the dealer, but maybe to Pat. I have been involved with several forums, and it isn't unusual, to have a troll come aboard. They have nothing good to say, and string people along, with a BS story. Now, to Pat, if your story is legit, I apologize. But, I am not buying into it.

If there were no other problems, other than the Add Coolant message, then screw the engine. Have them put it back together, and drive the darn thing. If you have to add 1 gallon of DexCool per week, so be it. If the car isn't overheating, detonating, or smoking terribly bad, forget the new engine. A gallon of DexCool costs about $10.00. Mix it 50/50, and you have two gallons. If you add 1 gallon per week, that would get you two weeks, with one bottle. That would cost you $260.00 per year. That is a hell of alot cheaper than $4,000 +.

Again, I do not normally reply to this type of thread. But, come on, am I the only one feeling this way? I think someone isn't being honest here.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

If there were no other problems, other than the Add Coolant message, then screw the engine. Have them put it back together, and drive the darn thing. If you have to add 1 gallon of DexCool per week, so be it. If the car isn't overheating, detonating, or smoking terribly bad, forget the new engine. A gallon of DexCool costs about $10.00. Mix it 50/50, and you have two gallons. If you add 1 gallon per week, that would get you two weeks, with one bottle. That would cost you $260.00 per year. That is a hell of alot cheaper than $4,000 +.

That's a great idea! To make it easier I would just remove the back seat and install a tank for DexCool. Sorry, could not resist. :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

you know i really didnt find this a bit funny...and no im no troll...i came on here with a complaint.."CHECK COOLANT", and thats the truth, whole truth...why would i want to get on here and start something like this...if i werent frusturated i would not have stopped here in the first place..now come on , give me a break, ive about had enough..the complaint was a legit...nothing short of the truth...

I usually do not get involved in these types of threads, as any input, could come back to haunt me. But, I am compelled to reply to this one. I am still waiting to hear from Pat the symptoms that were occurring. If the only thing that was happening, was the Add Coolant message, then I am raising the BS flag. Not necessarily on the dealer, but maybe to Pat. I have been involved with several forums, and it isn't unusual, to have a troll come aboard. They have nothing good to say, and string people along, with a BS story.

Dadillac,

You had me going "Hmmmm". You may be on to something.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived