CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Devile inst cluster lights out, speedomiter out gas guage out

Without a tech2 scan tool to verify, it appears that the cluster is defective. To verify it is the cluster you need to check for data inputs to the cluster. If the cluster is not receiving any information then the problem is external to the cluster. From the information you gave me it has all the indications of a defective cluster. It might be worth your time and money to have it diagnosed at a dealer or a repair facility that you trust. They have the capability to check the input data. You and I do not.

Be very specific when you take it to the dealer or repair shop, that all you want is to verify that the cluster is receiving the speed data. That should only require 1/2 hr of diag time. If they want more than that take it to another dealer or repair shop.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

I understand what you are telling me but I will not take it to any shop but thankyou for the consern on the shops wanting to take advantage of me. I will goto the junk yard and get a used cluster and if the lights work I will pull the EEprom from my cluster and install it in the junk yard cluster. does this sound like a valid repair,

Not really... If you decide to go that route, take the cluster from the wrecking yard vehicle and install it in your vehicle. Take your cluster out so you can match it to the "donor" vehicle unit. Usually they will give you a certification statement in most states in the US that indicates the mileage is MORE or LESS ( whichever the case may be ) than the actual mileage on the vehicle.

Ebay is an option for a used cluster also.

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Great, thanks for hanging in there tonight :) I think I'm turning into a pumpkin -------------------------- just kidding...

Good luck... :hatsoff:

That is not a 2000 cluster / IPC. Maybe a 1999? A 1999 is a different car with different wiring.

Okay, as far as diagnostics are concerned still basically the same. Without the Tech2 to monitor inputs, the outcome is the same.

Archived