CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

95 STS rear end saggin a little low..

Brian in AZ

I have 20's on my STS and it has ended the life of most all the rubber in my suspension. It rides like crap even after replacing bushings and strut monts..I noticed at 140k mi, the *smurf* end has less gap in the fenders over the wheel than the front...what can a guy do? I had the code saying my compressor was shorted/open once, but I hear it now when I start the car,,,no codes now. What is this from? What can I check?

Thanks...my "luxury car" feels like a horse and carriage rite now...its embarassing!

I have 20's on my STS and it has ended the life of most all the rubber in my suspension. It rides like crap even after replacing bushings and strut monts..I noticed at 140k mi, the *smurf* end has less gap in the fenders over the wheel than the front...what can a guy do? I had the code saying my compressor was shorted/open once, but I hear it now when I start the car,,,no codes now. What is this from? What can I check?

Thanks...my "luxury car" feels like a horse and carriage rite now...its embarassing!

My rear end is sagging too.....oh wait a minute, you're taking about a car!!

If the compressor is running, the hoses running to the struts might be leaking or the struts might need to be replaced.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I notice that when i drive over manholes in the road or something the like, then car really tracks strange. It actually feels like it bucks to the right in the back everytime. I HATE SUSPENSION PROBLEMS! they're so gradual that you can't tell how it used to be ...to gauge where it's at now! ABout the control arms..okay so I didnt change ALL the rubber...but good luck w/ that.

If a guy just ante's up and goes w/ Boston Suspension, should I get away from all this trouble? I'm at 140 k and I'm sure they're shot. No bounce when you push the car down..but it really floats while driving. I remember thinking it handled corners like my 300zx..not no mo! Is new Boston stuff really gonna feel that good? If it just "fixes" the problem...no good. I'll live w/ this till I trade it. But if it's a real upgrade..maybe worth a few grand. DO TELL>>>>>

Whenever you replace bushings in suspension parts, the final tightening must be done with the full car weight on the wheels.

If the parts were tightened while in an extended position, i.e. the car is held up with the suspension hanging, the suspension will bind when lowered back to the ground and not move as far or free, as they should. This will also cause rapid wear of the bushings by tearing or shredding from excessive torsion.

With the wheels on the ground loosen the parts, and then jounce the car up and down several times. Now go back and retighten the parts.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived