CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddyinfo.com Discussion Board

PAT38915

i have a 2000 cadillac deville that has 35,000 miles on it and now needs a new engine..anyone out there have this kind of problem

i bought this car used with 35,000 miles on it and i know the man well, and he was not aware of this ..

i took it to the cadillac dealer because a light, came on and stayed on..it read "check coolant"..this is what i took the car in for. they quoted me a price of less then $300 to fix this, then the next day they found another $800 problem.and now i need a new engine.. i didnt buy the extended warranty on this car when i bought it, but how i wish i had..i feel the cadillac should fix this car, since you hardly ever find a caddy with that amount of miles, needing a new engine..anyone else had any trouble with you deville...thanks

Well, we need to know why it "needs" a new engine. Most likely, the worst of your problems are a bad head gasket. The dealer can properly fix this, but they want to try to sell you an engine instead. More money for them; less for you. Can you give us some more details on what the first $300 problem was, then what the $800 problem was, then what the reasoning was behind them trying to sell you an engine? We can help give you some pointers when you go back to talk with them.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

yes the first quote of $300 was to get the "check coolant" light fixed so it would stay off..i had one mechanic tell me just pust info and it will go out and will be ok to run..this was not a cadillac dealer..

the $800 was because they had to pull the transmission to get so they could work on the coolant light, so i was told..then after pulling the transmission, they found it had a bursted block, meaning they would have to replace the whole engine..as i said i dont have any warranty on my car because i bought it from an individual i knew.he had put 30,000 k miles on it and i put the other 5k..

the worst part of it, i paid 10k down on the car and financed the rest of it..wowo seems like cadillac should help me out on this..

also the lady from the cadillac co called this am and said, it was a molding flaw, and i do believe that was done at the company..im just so frusturated, i never want another cadillac as long as i live, in fact i dont even want this one anymore..i feel its a lemon from the word go..thanks for your help..pat

"Burst block", "molding flaw" ? Something doesn't sound right. If infact it was a casting flaw, I would think you have a good case for a new engine, warranty or no warranty. I'd get another opinion (or two).

I was also wondering why the trans had to come out to fix the low coolant light....???..... Either someone is getting taken for a ride or the whole story is not coming out here.

Roger That.

yes the first quote of $300 was to get the "check coolant" light fixed so it would stay off..i had one mechanic tell me just pust info and it will go out and will be ok to run..this was not a cadillac dealer..

the $800 was because they had to pull the transmission to get so they could work on the coolant light, so i was told..then after pulling the transmission, they found it had a bursted block, meaning they would have to replace the whole engine..as i said i dont have any warranty on my car because i bought it from an individual i knew.he had put 30,000 k miles on it and i put the other 5k..

the worst part of it, i paid 10k down on the car and financed the rest of it..wowo seems like cadillac should help me out on this..

also the lady from the cadillac co called this am and said, it was a molding flaw, and i do believe that was done at the company..im just so frusturated, i never want another cadillac as long as i live, in fact i dont even want this one anymore..i feel its a lemon from the word go..thanks for your help..pat

Any one have a TSB on a molding flaw? If they admit it was a molding flaw doesn't that warrenty a new engine from Cadillac anyway?

Did you get your info from Cadillac customer assistance?

Start the story from the beginning and do not leave any details out. Sounds like the dealer is bilking you for all he can get.

Archived