CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC diags

Julio

OK so I've had my AC out since new years, it went up to 80 today down here so I thought I'd get it fixed. I purchased the cable and diag SW from odb02.com and figured out how to get the B codes. So to set the table here I shorted out hi temp sensor the low temp sensor and the low pressure switch. Compressor would not turn on.

I got the following codes:

B1313 AC high side temp sensor short

B1314 evap inlet temp sensor open

B1315 evap inlet temp sensor short

B1347 very low A/C regrigerant warn

So I have 134a in the system, I actually had too much and had to bleed some out to get to the right pressure on the low side. There is no code for a shorted low pressure sensor well actually there is B1347. But if there was and it set when I shorted I could rule out the low pres sensor circuits and sensor and move on to clogged system instead I need to check ckt 603 or 839 anyone know how to best test them??

Julio

crap!

I'll try it tomorrow, circuit looks good to the sensor behind the radiator didn't test to the compressor.

I hope its clogged and the pump is good, how fast should the compressor shut off if its clogged?

Is it safe to shut the car off and disconnect compressor and put 12vdc from like a charger or sumton? to hear the clutch kick in.

julio

Is it safe to shut the car off and disconnect compressor and put 12vdc from like a charger or sumton? to hear the clutch kick in.

julio

Yes, I think you can do that. I'd go right off the battery.

Cool,

I really don't want to turn it on if it set such a sever code. I must of fat fingered the diag gear origin. odb-2.com. Last time I called they where able to help me execute the SW to get the code, hope I can clear it I'll call tomorrow, I'll hit it with battery if it clicks I'll pull the orafice. Thanks for the help!! Stay tuned

Archived