CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My New Seville

Matt

Hi Guys, I want to thank you all again for the tips. Today I refreshed my cooling system just the way I was told to do it. After all the great help I decided to do it today, I'm glad I did. I also cleaned out the throttle body and EGR delivery tubes the way I was told to do it. I bought pipe cleaning rods and a couple of tooth brushes and went to town on it all. I then did the PCM reset. The idle wile in drive is only a little bit better, it is still on the rough side. The RPM drops off and the engine bumps around a bit. When it is in park or netural the idle is perfect and smooth. Why is it rough in drive ?? So what do I check next to see why it's rough in drive? When crusing along on the hi way , weather at 35 or 65 MPH for the most part it's pretty good. Only once in a wile can I sence it being a little rough for only a couple of seconds. If I boot it a little it clears right up. Could there be something up with the plug wires or cap? They look good and I'm not sure if they are the original wires. The cap looks to good to be original, I hope it was changed by who had the car before me. Bare in mind Im about half way through a tank of Mobil Hi Test and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. Going to sleep now, cant wait for the ride in to work in the AM. Good Night all. Matt

Matt,

New plugs can make difference. You might want to take out one and look at the condition (gap, shape etc.). Here is the link with all the information you may need.

I would buy a couple of plugs to have handy if you decide to replace them after inspection. They are very good ACDelco regular plugs. The original set lasted for 13 years 141.000 miles on my car, and the car ran great. Of course, the engine is even smoother with new plugs.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...c=3733&hl=plugs

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If wires are original, they are probably due. Also check the contacts in the cap. If they are erroded, replace the cap. If not erroded at least clean the contacts with emery paper. How about the plugs? At least pull, clean and regap 'em if not replace them.

If those are the original wires then I would definitely change those. Probably a little on the dry side after sitting for so long. Could have some cracks in the casing that can't be seen and only rears it's ugly head under load.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived