CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

4.6 in new Boneville

norbi

I know my friends 2001 Aurora 3.5 V6 feels like the front of the car lifts up when he floors it, it feels weird like the car is too light on the front.  I read somewhere else that they tend to  do that, but my Aurora 4.0 doesnt do it as much probably becuause its heavier but i get a lot of torque steer.

I feel the same effect in my 1993 4.6L STS......... :P

post-3-1109650740_thumb.jpg

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Well, I was kinda hoping from a response, but I suppose he will remain quiet on the subject.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Just a little piece of trivia on Cadillac vs Bonneville.

A few years ago my Brother had a '92 Bonneville. The sub frame on it looks exactly like my sub frame.

Only one difference, the sway bar ends were attached to the lower control arms, not the struts.

Shouldn't make a difference in sensitivity to balance, but who knows.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

So......I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for. And who is this character you mention...????

Just a guy I once knew on this board, or was it another one just like it? No matter. He was pretty honest and straightforward and would always give truthful responses. He was well respected among the participants as the guy with an inside track on designs of engines and things. Anyway, he would have looked at my first question and said "yes, such and such a link is not connected there, but here, thereby reducing the sensitivity on this model to tire "out of roundness issues" so common on other models, even those sharing the IDENTICAL engine and transmission in the exact same transverse mounted configuration. OR he would have said "Nothing is different, all mounting points and suspension links are identical". Or something to that effect.

But, I suppose if he WOULD have said that something was different in a post many people faced with that same problem would be able to go back to the manufacturer and say " see, I told you it was screwed up" and try to get some help fixing the problem. You see, that would be like admitting there actually was a design flaw.

No matter, I'm no John Paul Thomas or whoever that guy is that is bound and determined to get revenge on the Cadillac brand name. I'll just drop it here and now. I'm due for a couple new tires anyway.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived