CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

black interiour!

I think the black looks FEDERAL!!

Lots of law enforcement in my family...FBI, US Marshal, police chief, to name a few. They've always had Cadillacs (since the late '40's) and they've always been..

BLACK. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

a jet black STS has with killer black leather interior. Add the tinted windows all the way around, chrome mags and...I've had women that were total stangers in a parking lot come up to me at me and say: "Now THAT is one sexy car"...happened more than once. ;)

Thats what I am talkin about theres so many cars that I am looking to buy and one of them at the top of my list is a black on black eldorado with tinted windows all the way around and dynomax mufflers! Maybe next spring I will get one ha ha! So many cars but so little money! :lol:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

I have a friend who had a black on black Eldo a few years ago. He was a neat freak and it nearly drove him nuts. Without taking off your shoes, you couldn't get in the car without dragging in some dirt that really showed up on that black carpet. Seems like every time I called him, his wife would say, "He's out vacuuming the car." He only kept it for a year - traded for one just like it with the beige carpeting.

I feel the same way! It seems like you can clean it as much as you want but dirt and dust still stick out! :angry: I feel like I cant let freinds in my backseats during winter, because I cant keep an eye on their floormats! If they happen to get any dirt or mud on the carpet there is a $5 fine! I can't stand seeing dust on my dash! But I still would take black interior over the other colors any day...

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

I love my Black/Black STS! The black interior is the best looking in my opinion. I want to get the windows tinted, but I am worried about peeling and fading to purple! ICK!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

It won't fade if you buy good stuff from a car window shop! They sell the good stuff! Just don't get any cheap stuff and it won't fade the cheap stuff is really thin and it bubbles and tends to change to a purpleish colour after only 6 months after being put on the car its not something you try to get the cheapest of it that you can! Go for it I would I love tinted windows on a caddy!

user posted image

I do not think that it can be said much better than this...

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Cadillac Ranch

Well there she sits buddy just a-gleaming in the sun, right

There to greet a working man when his day is done

I'm gonna pack my Pa and I'm gonna pack my Aunt,

I'm gonna take them down to the Cadillac Ranch

Eldorado fins, whitewalls and skirts;

Drives just like a little bit of heaven here on earth

Well buddy, when I die throw my body in the back

And drive me to the junkyard in my Cadillac

Cadillac, Cadillac

Long and dark, shiny and black

Open up them engines let `em roar

Tearing up the highway like a big old dinosaur

James Dean in that Mercury `49

Junior Johnson runnin' in the woods of Caroline

Even Burt Reynolds in that black Trans Am

All gonna meet down at the Cadillac Ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac

Open up them engines, let 'em roar

Tearin' up the highway like a big old dinosaur

Hey little girlie in the blue jeans so tight

Drivin' all alone in the Colorado night

You're my last love, baby, you're my last chance

Don't let `em take me to the Cadillac Ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac

Cadillac, Cadillac

Spence

Hey Bob, what happened to you then? Braking the tradition?

Well no, and then yes. When I first showed up on Bruce’s caddyinfo (way back on the old board) I had a black/ black ’92 STS. (Great car!) I then picked up the black/black 2000 STS on a business lease. Around that time I retired the ’92. About the same time the lease was up on the 2000 STS one of my buddy’s dad passes on, and I got the ’93 Diamond white STS you see on my posts from his estate. I had a choice of paying the residual on the 2000 and keeping it, or getting the ’93 STS with very low miles from my friends dad’s estate. (For a song I might add..) It was just good business to bag the ‘93, and let the 2000 go.

The 2000 STS was a great car and a little more refined than the ’93, with killer interior. But, it also is 400 lbs heavier and not the monster that the ’93 can be,even with that 5hp difference. Add the fact that I really prefer the body style of the pre’98 STS’s, and I can modify it to my liking, (lowered, exhaust, etc.) there was really no contest.

So… Ultimately I broke tradition and let the black one go and kept the white one. In deference to the posters here that claim that lighter colors really are more user friendly…they are. Black is tough to keep clean especially up here in the foothills of Northern Calif, where it can get hot and dusty in the summer. Down the hill where my company is in Sacramento, it’s common to have clear +100 degree days quite often during the summer months. Lets face it..black cars, especially with black interior can be a pain sometimes in theses types of climates. B)

They’re still sexy though….always will be. ;)

user posted image

Does your 93 STS have camaro exaust tips? That what they look like and I can't figure out if they are or not?

user posted image

Does your 93 STS have camaro exaust tips? That what they look like and I can't figure out if they are or not?

They're custom tips from a local hot rod shop that have a similar look to late the model Camero tips.

user posted image

They look pretty good! I was sure they were ones off a camaro LOL! :lol:

user posted image

They look pretty good! I was sure they were ones off a camaro LOL! :lol:

Close...I did a lot of shopping around for the correct dimensions. I was very picky about the lines of the rectangular shape matching the exhaust cutouts in the rear valence.

That, the thickness (guage) of the material and the quality of the chrome.

I'm funny about things like that.. ;)

user posted image

Yeah, I agree.

Those exhaust outlets are really choice, Bob.

I envy the look of them, but like the stock dual/dual tips, too. I have considered going to a similar style like your exhuast, but figure I am just as happy with the current ones.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived