CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

black interiour!

I have noticed that there are not very many sevilles with black interiour why is this? Was it just not popular or was it an upgrade or something :huh: ? I was just wondering! :blink:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

That makes sense to me cause theres sertain years that I could not find this but I didn't think that it would be an extra charge for a different colour interiour!

user posted image

So there was no extra charge for it! I read that on a website and thought it sounded kind of funny! The website wasn't very legite so i was kind of wondering and figured someone on here would know! ;) They said that it was between 93-95 only though that it was an option at extra charge!

user posted image

I'm not sure, but I think the Black interior might have only been an option in conjunction with a black exterior. I've got a beige/tan? interior with black paint, and it seems to be even more rare than a black on black STS. Ever other black Seville, or at least STS I've seen always had a black interior. I like my light colored interior, since it doesn't get as hot in the summer.

I like black with a black car! Black is nice but it wouldn't be my first choice.

user posted image

I went to an all Cadillac junkyard this weekend and I only found one Seville with a black interior and it had been in a fire. This was out of about 15 or 20 Sevilles. i saw a black ELDO but it went swimmin'. i like my black/black STS. I heard that too. There arent alot of them around.

I had the black interior, crimson pearl exterior, I now have the white diamond and beige interior.

My preference is the beige interior ... it just sets off the zebrano wood beautifully .... very classy.

The black interior never looked black enough to me ... always looked more charcoal than pure ebony black .... definitely looked less classy, more Chevy than Caddy.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I agree. Too much black will not look classy. Black caddy STS or SLS inside out from the distance can easily be mistaken for Nissan Maxima for example. All black cars look alike. I remember when I was looking to buy STS I was looking for black one with black interior. When I finally got in one I wasn't that impressed, but once I set in pearl white, the feeling was great.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I wonder how many black Sevilles came with my color interior. I'm not sure exactly what color it is, does anyone have any idea on the name? Here's a pic. Mine is the only one I've ever seen up close, that was black, and had this color interior. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where I could find production numbers for various options, such as color, heated seats, sunroof,...ect.

post-3-1109132977_thumb.jpg

Arent they in the trunk? That does look nice whatever it is. I think it's all how you feel in it. Hell, I'm just happy I have a Caddy. But it's all a personal opinion. I see some cream interiors that look really nice, but I love my black interior with the wood grain. I think it looks sharp.

You know guys, in all the cars (over 70 by now..) that I've given rides to, friends, associates, whatever, none of them and I mean NONE of them have gotten the looks, and comments that a jet black STS has with killer black leather interior. Add the tinted windows all the way around, chrome mags and...I've had women that were total stangers in a parking lot come up to me at me and say: "Now THAT is one sexy car"...happened more than once. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

The rarest one I have seen was out of Louisville, KY. Red carpet with white leather seats. It was a '92. It screamed 1975.....

I'll take the baby poop beige anyday thank you.

I have a friend who had a black on black Eldo a few years ago. He was a neat freak and it nearly drove him nuts. Without taking off your shoes, you couldn't get in the car without dragging in some dirt that really showed up on that black carpet. Seems like every time I called him, his wife would say, "He's out vacuuming the car." He only kept it for a year - traded for one just like it with the beige carpeting.

I have a friend who had a black on black Eldo a few years ago.  He was a neat freak and it nearly drove him nuts.  Without taking off your shoes, you couldn't get in the car without dragging in some dirt that really showed up on that black carpet.  Seems like every time I called him, his wife would say, "He's out vacuuming the car."  He only kept it for a year - traded for one just like it with the beige carpeting.

I can understand that position. Plus down here in the sun belt, black anything becomes a heatsink most of the year.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

You know guys, in all the cars (over 70 by now..) that I've given rides to, friends, associates, whatever, none of them and I mean NONE of them have gotten the looks, and comments that a jet black STS has with killer black leather interior. Add the tinted windows all the way around, chrome mags and...I've had women that were total stangers in a parking lot come up to me at me and say: "Now THAT is one sexy car"...happened more than once.  ;)

Couldn't have said it any better my self!

Takes a little extra work to keep'er in shape but definitely worth it.

I was wondering when you were gonna show up, Double H, and help straighten these guys out... ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I have a friend who had a black on black Eldo a few years ago. He was a neat freak and it nearly drove him nuts. Without taking off your shoes, you couldn't get in the car without dragging in some dirt that really showed up on that black carpet.

I had a friend with a DCM '87 Monte Carlo SS. Same story. He HATED the dark color on that car. My '84 Cutlass (very similar cars) was white and never showed a speck of dirt...but then again, there wasn't any on there anyway. :)

I swore then, seeing all the trouble we had trying to get swirl marks and buff marks out of his paint, that I'd never own a dark color. And I've kept that promise to myself to this day. :) Plus -- it really does make a difference in the interior temperature here in the south, if the car has to park outside all day.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

JUST LOVE THE BLACK ON BLACK!!!

except it really heats up inside during the summer! HAHAH

As long as I ever own Cadillacs or cars for that matter they will always be black!

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived