CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine mount bolts - size/thread/length?

Two of the bolts holding my front motor mount bracket to the engine block are missing (evidently not installed when this replacement motor was installed in the car before I owned it).

I need to know what size, thread and length these are so I can purchase at a local auto parts store. I've looked on Alldata, GM Parts Direct, OEM GM Parts Online etc., but none of these give bolt specific information.

The bolts are shown circled in red in the attached image.

Happy New Year everybody!

Northstar engine mount image.jpg

If they are the two bolts that are above the exhaust manifold they are M10 X 1.5, hole depth is 25mm torque is 39 lb ft..

Tighten & torque nuts first, then bolts...

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

Thank you sir! I noticed the other day that bracket is crowding against the oil pressure sending unit, which is now leaking. Along with missing bolts, this may also be caused by a worn motor mount so I'll be replacing both the mount and the bracket bolts when I install a new sending unit.

Good find before it caused more damage! :hatsoff:

The bracket and the mount are a B---H to get in. You may even invent some new words :glare: :excl:

Remove the fans and put a thin piece of plywood (1/4) or heavy cardboard next to the radiator to protect the radiator and your hands. Raise the engine as much as you can, so take the trans mount bolt and the right front mount bolt nuts off. Keep everything loose until you get it all assembled get the bolts/nuts started in the bracket and mount by hand first...

THERE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB RIGHT - THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO THE JOB AGAIN !!!

• 2 months later...

Got it done with a little help from a friend to get the bolts started while I aligned the bracket. They were a little tough to get my wrench / flex head ratchet on but I got them good and tight without needing to remove the fans. Motor mount was in good shape. The new oil pressure sending unit has enough room now, and I even changed oil / filter while I was under there = Happy camper. Thanks again OCT!

Archived