CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Wheels for my 98 STS

Guarcz03

I may Change my Wheels on my Shale 98 STS right now it has the stock 16" Chrome wheels but i think i want to go a little bigger i dont want 22's, 20's or 19's, i been looking at a set of 18's made by Veloche

I have the picture of them, tell me what you think

post-3-1108915879_thumb.jpg

Those are some awsome wheels! I think they would look great on a 98 STS! 18 is a good size for rims on these cars! I would get 20's if I had the money but I don't so I someday planning on having a cadillac with nice 18's! The new 05 STS wheels are awsome finally Cadillac put some bigger wheels on the cars! I like the styling of cadillac rims but if its s big car it need big rims! Thats what I think and the 98 wheels themselves don't look to bad they are just small! But I like those wheels that your thinking of they are nice! Good luck! :D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

these wheels are 1355.00 with z-rated tires/Mounting/Balancing and Shipping included

the 20's are 2100.00 but i dont want to put 20's on my caddy(my dealer said the Ride wouldnt be that great)

The ride won't be that great but the car sure will turn alot of heads! I have seen an STS with 22's and after seeing it in person I know what it looks like and it looks awsome but the price is to much! He just has his 22's on for two months of the year and has his stock wheels on for the rest of the year! Seems like alot of money to pay for having wheels sit in your garage for 10 months and put them on the car for only 2!!!!

Those wheels are very nice I would get those before any 20 inch rims!

user posted image

Yeah, I wouldn't put anything bigger than 18 if it would effect the ride! I think 22 would be way to big! Would you have to do any modifications to make them fit? If it were me I would go with a set of 17 or 18 inch wheels! Oh, and those wheels would look geat on your Cadillac! :)

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Hmmmm,

IMO, maybe a little to "gaudy". That is just my taste though, as I think those custom luxury wheels are a little over the top.

I think BMW has it together in terms of wheels: deep dish, lots of depth and "visual strength" to the spokes.

Just my two cents, take it with a grain of salt!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

BMW cars are rear wheel drive so the wheel offset is usually much different than a FWD car. I like the deep dish look but most FWD car wheels have the same hub/wheel spacing issues to deal with. I would vote for 45/50 series tires and use whatever wheel diameter is required.

i had a 97 BMW 528i before i sold it and bought this, nice car good performance for a v6 but my love is with cadillac these days.

My mother Has always been a BMW Freak she had a 2000 BMW 750il (monster Engine V12). but dad bought her a 02 DTS and she Loves it so they sold the Bimmer

No those wheels aren't right at all! Heres some nice 20's though! I'm not so sure about them though they are very nice though!

post-3-1108920168_thumb.jpg

user posted image

No those wheels aren't right at all! Heres some nice 20's though! I'm not so sure about them though they are very nice though!

cadillac_caddy_sts: I'm usually not a fan of aftermarket wheels - but those 20's do look good.

Personally I'd never put anything larger than 19's on a car, probably more like 18's. Mainly due to unsprung weight, driveability, and performance issues.

cheers,

~Doc

The wheels you are considering look sharp. Still spokes but with a bit of flair. Stick with 18s. Anything bigger throws off the proportions of a real good car style/design. If you put on wheels larger that 20s would'nt you also have to up-grade your breaks/rotors? More $$$.

Archived