CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lowered Stance

cadillacdub

Thinking about lowering the stance of my 92 seville but the rear suspension seems to be a air sleeve or something like that, and all i can find are dropped springs. Does anyone know the best way to lower this car. I have a set of 20's on it and it just looks like its 4 Wheel Drive and it takes all of its character away from it. Any replies would be great!!!!

you can use dropped springs, and you will need to adjust the small load leveling arms on the rear suspension if so equiped. Alignment will need to be done on all four corners once desired height is acheived.

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

I dont wann be a downer here, but I have 20's as well. If u drop it, you're gonna have problems. If you have 20's ALONE w stock suspension..you'll still have problems. They speed up the decay of wear items, mostly the rubber stuff, and wil cause you to loose ride quality quickly. You'll replace arm bushings and surely the upper strut mounts at about 700 a pair. Lowering it will cause even more excessive tire wear than we have already in the front..and you're getting into more money per year on this thing than you'll be aware of. 580 bucks for front tires very year? Its a bit much for me already. Im running 255/35/20's and I rub at full lock steering backin up. There's a guy w 22' rims on his 1998 STS, but he actually rasied it a few inches AND the wells are larger on the later models. I had the same questions before I did my work...hope it helps.

Archived