CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I really love these cars!

I may have just done the stupidist thing in my life about 15 minutes ago! I just got home now! I was cruisin along with my buddy who has a 93 STS and we were going down a dark country road when a 93 or 94 ford probe passed us at about 140 K/mh! My buddy looked at me and I said hit it! When the steath or probe whatever it was saw us he hit it to! We passed him doing around 220 K/mh! When we started to brake we realized how fast we were going and the car was bearly responding! We hit an ice patch and the car swereved back and forth and there was an intersection ahead! We were sweaying back and forth till we hit an ice patch causeing us to lose control! We had to take the turn at about 80k/mh and it was a sharp turn! We finally got control and we were completely silent the steath started to follow us than relized he was in a race that he couldn't win so he turned around and left! That was when it hit us what we had done! I have so much more respect for me life now and that was a very stupid stunt i walked into a store were i no the owner like 2 mins later cause we had to get out of the car we were scared so much and the owner said you guys look like you seen a ghost! If it had of been another kind of car we both would have been dead right now im sure! I was looking at getting a LT1 camaro but relized if I were in that car tonight I probly wouln't be here typeing this! I just wanted to say that I probly won't be doing any raceing any time soon! :D

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Sounds like Yenko managed some fancy driving along with a healthy dose of good fortune. Glad to hear that you two survived the lesson. How's the car?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

LT1 Camaro? What happend to the 99 STS?

I planning on getting an LT1 Camaro if I didn't end up getting the 99!

user posted image

I just got back from the store and the guy with the ford probe was there! I don't even know him but he came up to me and said what does that car have under the hood? I said a 32 valve northstar V8! He said that he couldn't beilieve it when we flew by in our 20 foot boat!!!!! :lol:

user posted image

That's easy, both of you are from PEI!

I could run across Prince Edward Island in a day, and meet everyone along the way!

Just kidding, eh! A little Canehdian humour.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

PEI's not that small! HA HA! It takes 5 hours to drive from one side to the other! :lol:

user posted image

When the urge to take the challenge and race someone is taken, we seldom stop to think about the possibilities and consequences like a patch of ice or a deer in the road or a mother and child at the intersection or the rest of our lives as a paraplegic. Sounds like you learned a lesson you won't soon forget. Glad to hear you came out of it with some added knowledge and respect and no one was hurt.

Well I didn't really it doesn't seem as scary today as it did last night! I just won't be going 130 MPH any time soon! I will still race people but only until like 60 MPH Thats what I usually do if they wanna kill themselves they can! I did get a scare last night but it doesn't seem so bad today I don't know why! :D

user posted image

I know that I wont be going that fast any time soon! When it happend, didnt evan think about it becuase I was so pissed off he cut be off and passed me on a double solid! I took off like a bullit behind him and caught up to him then passed him! I dont know what I was thinking at the time because It happened so quick, I know I should think before I try to pull anything like that off again! The biggest risk would be loosing my lisence or even worse destroying my car!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

You guys didn't learn as much as I thought.

I did get a scare last night but it doesn't seem so bad today I don't know why!

Because you cheated death....... this time. Go back and reread your post. Then try to remember how you felt when you wrote it. How quick we forget. Remember, you can die at 60 as well.

The biggest risk would be loosing my license or even worse destroying my car!

Wrong. Think about the rest of your life spent like Christopher Reeves. Someone has to feed you, dress you, assist you in the bath room, wipe you afterwards etc. Much worse than loosing your license, car or IMHO even your life.

I don't mean to preach. I've been there before and cheated the grim reaper too. It sounds like you guys came REALLY close and I'd hate for you to win the next race but loose the bet. Be carefull.

Well said Larry, there is no easy way to present reality. I have been lucky at least 5 times in my life, and I don't like replaying them in my head. It happens so quickly and when it does that feeling of not having control is horrible. I have slowed my driving habits considerably as a result.

Everytime I drive in the wet weather, I am astonished how fast people drive and how they don't have a clue.. I slow down to a crawl in bad weather.

I do see what you guys are getting at! It's just so annoying when these guys in there 2 door probe's civics, accords etc. Think they are so much faster you just feel the need to show them what they are up against! I will be much more careful now but im still going to race a little bit just not at super high speeds!

user posted image

Well I would guess that loosing my life would obviously be the biggest risk involved, but I was refering to the risks that would effect my life if I were to live through an accident such as one like that! I think I learned a fair bit over one night. I also hope I dont experiance anything like that again!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

It's just so annoying when these guys in there 2 door probe's civics, accords etc. Think they are so much faster you just feel the need to show them what they are up against!

Roger that ;)

I do see what you guys are getting at! It's just so annoying when these guys in there 2 door probe's civics, accords etc. Think they are so much faster you just feel the need to show them what they are up against! I will be much more careful now but im still going to race a little bit just not at super high speeds!

Yes they are very annoying. What you have to get into your mind is, you know you can blow them away, and you don't need to prove it. I flex my muscle only when its safe and then only for a brief moment I don't need to prove anything, I use my power to get me away from trouble. My occasional entrance ramp blasts keep my engine clean.

We all would miss you here! So as I tell my 19 and 25 yo sons, "BE SMART"!

Ya I know what ya mean! We usually are smart we just took it a little to far last night skinny road and it was really dark!

user posted image

The roads not that smooth lots of patchs definitly in my mind not the smartest idea we ever had but it was fun for a minute till we swereved LOL! :lol:

user posted image

I just got back from the store and the guy with the ford probe was there! I don't even know him but he came up to me and said what does that car have under the hood? I said a 32 valve northstar V8! He said that he couldn't beilieve it when we flew by in our 20 foot boat!!!!! :lol:

I was leaving school today in my car and the fella in the probe was right behind me i pulled over in a gas station to see what he wanted and he asked if I wanted to race and I just said follow me so I went on to the highway and I just gave it and left him behind me in a cloud of WOT dust! I just took the next turn and went home I hope he doesn't bother me again HA HA! :lol: These guys have know brains though they don't think 0-60 or 70 races they think 0-topspeed and than some races I don't want to die in a car accident that I could have avoided someone needs to knock some sence into these guys! :angry:

user posted image

I envisioned gnats when I read your post. Yes they are annoying. Knowing when to smack them.... now that's smart. Trying to smack one when it lands on your forehead is not smart.

BTW I like your topic title.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived