CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trade STS for 300c?

Guarcz03

Personally I look at it (and Guarcz03 may too) like someone was asking me to trade wives or g/f. Sure his may be younger and prettier (depends on your taste) but you have so much time and effort invested in your wife or g/f. You know everything about her. What makes her tick. And your neighbor wants to trade for your older model.

Well said indeed ;)

Spence

Don't Do It!

And what id I say DO IT! :lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking purely from a 2005 vs 1998 perspective, hey sell it and buy a 2000 STS was my attitude.... Hey the Chrysler was Car of the Year, NO so what the hell. At worst it would be like your mate going away on a business trip you would appreciate her more when she returns! :lol: How I underestimated a Caddy owner's love is beyond me.... :blink:

The only good thing about 300C is that it is 2005 and you may get 3 yrs of waranty with it and it is rear wheel drive. I had a lincoln LS 8 2002, which I sold to buy the Cadillac sts and the Durango. and I can say it is far better in performance that the STS but it is small and noiser than the STS.

In the next couple of year I am planning to to either a 2005 STS rear wheel drive, 2004 DTS or a Jag-XJR. I will see how is my budget at that time.

When i was looking for my car i was going to buy a 2002 Lincon LS V8 with 46k miles on it but Decided against it because it was Small on the inside and had alot of road noise, I could have bought the 2002 LS V8 for the Same Money i paid for my STS, the LS performs Very Well but i dont know if its better them the STS the 98 STS 0-60 is 6.8s while the 02 LS V8 is 7.6s, one of my firends has a 01 lincoln LS V8 we Raced the STS did Win but in know way was it easy not even a complete car length seperated us.

for My Next Car i think im gonna buy my Moms 02 DTS or a 04 CTS-V

Scotty:

I could have bought a 2000 STS with the same mileage as my 98 for the money i paid for my STS, i would have paid full price of 22k for it if the dealer wasnt willing to come down a little. I have loved Caddys ever since i was little other kids may dream about Lamborghini,ferrari,porshe,etc but i always wanted a STS ever since my fater bought his 94 STS in 1994, my family also has a deep love for cadillac and i guess that is way i feel this towards cadillac, We have 3 in our Driveway now working on a Forth (02 DTS, 03 Escalade, 98 STS and soon to be 05 XLR)

Trading your car that is 7 years older doesn't make sense and seems like an imaginary deal. If his car is paid off, I don't understand why he couldn't just trade it in for a 2003 STS with a warranty. He could get an even trade and because of the new style STS he could get a 2003 for at least $20K. And this Chrysler 300c, are you sure that thang got a Hemi? I believe the other lower level engines are a 2.7 and 3.5 V6. The trade would make alittle more sense if it were those baseline engines. I just traded in my mint fully loaded 98 STS last year with 70K miles and all the dealer wanted to give me was $8K for it!! I was able to get $10,500 for it after arguing with them so you'd be lucky to get even $13K private or trade for yours.

Of course the Chrysler is not going to be as luxurious as a Caddy since a new 300c is about $18K less than a new STS. For a low $30K you get just enough luxury, massive interior space with probably 3 times as much leg room in the rear :lol: . A Mercedes E class transmission and suspension and a whole hell of alot of power. As far as looks go, you either love it, hate it or wait till it grows on you which is exactly what I hear about the new STS. Personally I think the new STS style is just confusing and lost it classiness. I think it looks too much like a futuristic movie prop. I was blown away when I saw the 98 style STS when they first came out. The new one is slowly growing on me. I've jumped the Caddy ship for now.

post-3-1108650600_thumb.jpg

Yes i am 100% sure it has a Hemi in it, the first question i asked him was why would he want my 98 and he said Because of the mileage and Color, First of i just found out that this guy has his house for sale so if i traded it to him and there was something wrong with it id be screwed, and the main reason i am not gonna trade is because when i asked for oil change reciepts and he only changed it twice 1 time at 15kmile and the other at 25k, if i ever Jumped Ship i would buy a lexus LS430 like you or a 745 BMW. My Family is Very Tight with the Caddy dealerships GM and sales manager, when my Father Traded in his 01 STS with 33k mile they gave him 18,500 for it which is 3K over KBB trade in and is gonna be the down payment for the XLR (Just traded in with 15k miles their gonna sell it to my dad for 60k) , in the Past 10 years my Family has bought over 15 cars from them so they always do right by us.

First of i just found out that this guy has his house for sale so if i traded it to him and there was something wrong with it id be screwed...

Yeah, I smell a fish in that barrel...

Hang on to that Cadillac.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Yeah that really does sounds like a tuff decision but for sure stick with the Cadillac.

Whats the worst that could happen? Wake up and get into your Caddy and fire up the Northstar. LOL

Next time you see him, tell him "No Thanks" and then WOT it!!!

I would. :D

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

The car is nice and all but 2 oil Changes in 25k miles that is kinda hard on engine, i personally think he screwd up his Engine because i was curious today so i took a ride to the Chyrsler dealership and test drove one, and it drove vey nice not like his that felt like driving over train tracks :lol: , the car gives you a good ride ride but it dosnt give that gliding on air feeling i get in Cadillac, Also the salesperson let me take it for 2 exits on I-4 and there is alot of road noise with these cars, I smashed the pedal but the engine dosnt respond to good also i missed that NorthStar Growl that comes before it shifts gears. I Would buy the 300c but would rather have a DTS or a STS

I drove the 300c and that thing moves, 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds 340 hp 390 torque

You would have to be crazy not to trade him, It's still under warranty so you dont have to worry about the engine.

You can always sell it and buy a better STS.

Archived