CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Acceleration Woes

chriskoc1

I was driving today when all of a sudden my car started accelerating by itself when I stepped on the gas pedal and maintained a high rpm when I had to shift it out of drive to neutral. I quickly pumped the gas pedal and it went down again. It would start accelerating right after that when I put it back into drive and I stepped on the gas pedal. I received codes PO098 and PO091. One is for shifting out of neutral to drive with a high rpm. The other is for a transmission switch or a PRNDL switch. Any insight would be useful...

chriskoc1,

For a start, check the throttle body and clean it as needed with some carb cleaner and a soft brush.

Other problems may be causing the fast idle, but start here.

Good luck. :)

I just got code PO030 but I can not determine what this code means from my mediocre haynes manual. If anyone knows what this means, please give any help.

P0030 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (H02S) Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

Helm is having a fire sale on 1995 and prior Service Manuals.

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_service...Q9EF7KKQ03N2C25

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

it sounds like you are haveing a IAC motor problem. this seems to be a very common problem with caddies. i am on my thierd on a 91. same problem real hard on breaks :(

Shouldn't that be ISC (Idle Speed Control) motor?

P0030 - Heated Oxygen Sensor (H02S) Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

Okay, I ckecked the ISC motor and I believe it is shot since when I turn off the car it gave a very loud whirring noise. I also need to clean the throttle body good. When I checked the throttle body after turning off the car, small amounts of "smoke" came out of it after opening it up. Also, does anyone know what the Heated O2 Sensor code means? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived