CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Rear view mirror!

yenko

Look at the mount and you should see a small (hex) set screw. Get the proper size allen wrench and tighten it.

Then again, did you see this? Now I'm not sure which one you have. http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...t=0entry39667

My quick fix: Don't drive it. I promise it won't rattle. ;)

Does the mirror shake all the time or just certain times? Does the mirror fall out of adjustment frequently or does it stay put? If it rattles at certain times but stays put then I would tend to think you have at least one tire that needs balancing.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

It doesn't rattle when I drive on smooth roads, but when I drive on the rougher terrain it seem to rattle! It stays put and doesn't fall out! I dont think it is fastend correctly! I cant hear it shake but I can kinda see it when I look through it!

IMPORT CRUSHER

user posted image

Cadillac has a bulletin to replace the mirror if it vibrates......hmmmm......you should be able to figure out a way to snug it up. There is no hex screw. Its spring loaded....

ELECTROCHROMIC REARVIEW MIRROR VIBRATION (REPLACE MIRROR) #93-10-257 - (May 14, 1993)

SUBJECT: ELECTROCHROMIC REARVIEW MIRROR (DD8) VIBRATION (REPLACE MIRROR)

VEHICLES AFFECTED: 1993 "C/E/K" MODELS

Some 1993 Eldorados built before VIN PU604954, Sevilles built before VIN PU808996, and DeVilles/Sixty Specials may exhibit a rear view mirror vibration when equipped with the electrochromicmirror (DD8). A mirror, if removed for some reason, may alsoexhibit a vibration upon reinstallation due to a loss of spring tension. The condition is more likely to occur on the STS, ETC,and Sixty Special vehicles due to their stiffer suspensions.

To repair a comment of electrochromic rear view mirror vibration, replace the mirror with new part number 25618599. The retention spring in the mirror base has been stiffened on this part providing a tighter fit to the mirror support to eliminate vibration.

Remove or Disconnect (Refer to Figure 1):

NOTICE: Do not use tools or other objects to pry mirror mount or mirror away from windshield. Use of tools may damage mirror mount, mirror, or windshield.

1. Electrical connectors at rear of mirror assembly.

2. Twist mirror to one side and use one hand to support edge of mirror against windshield.

3. Use other hand to pull mirror away from windshield with a quick jerk.

Install or Connect:

1. Position bottom of mirror mount against windshield at top of support.

2. Slide mount onto support keeping mount parallel to windshield.

3. As mount start to engage support, apply a force against support while maintaining a downward force until the mount snaps onto the support with an audible click: this operation will require at least 20 pounds of force.

4. Check to make sure mirror is securely attached by adjusting mirror in a normal up/down and side to side range.

5. Electrical connectors.

Archived