CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

99 STS

so should i do it yes or no? Just say what you think this is a very big dission for me!!!! I cant stop thinking about it!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Really you can do that? I would have to get the vin number sometime and give it to you wouldn't I?

user posted image

yeah just get me the VIN # and ill send you the Report, i purchased a 2 month unlimited report package when i was looking for my car and it has really saved me alot of money and saved me from buying a couple Cars

Okay if Bbobynski is on here anytime and you come accross this could you tell me if ya think that this car would have much life left to it or not? You are probly the best one to ask about these kind of questions! My plan is to drive it for about 6 months and then sell it! Im not planning on keeping it around for to long!

Thanks

user posted image

I took the car for a drive today and I drove it! I think im gonna buy it! I'm gonna take the risk of the high miles and go for it!

user posted image

It's not coming up for some reason! I can't get the link to come up!

user posted image

Oh i just got it up LOL! Thats awsome a 97 with 366 000 miles thats 2 yeard older but almost double the miles!

user posted image

The trunk does leak on this car I looked there yesturday and noticed ice around the spare tire! How hard is this to fix? What causes it to leak anyways?

user posted image

For that price I would not hesitate!

Tell them $5500 and it is gone....they will take it.

If it made it this far another 50-100k miles will be nothing......this is all hwy miles...if it were city I would be concerned.

gmwa

So is the trunk a big job to fix?

Trunk Leaks

Trunk Leak How too

As this is a rather common problem... There are lots of posts on this...

And while I'm no expert... based on a sample size of one,

These trunks leak from at least one of three locations:

1) Sun roof drains

2) Trunk Gasket

3) Body Seams

Mine leaked at the body seams... Which can be the hardest to track down but a tube of OE body sealer later and the trunk is fixed...

The easiest fix is to install a new gasket... But of course you have to buy the gasket and glue... while easist it is probably the most costly...

Give that this is a common issue and there is a TSB on it... you could probably talk your dealer into giving you a deal on the gasket if that is the issue...

Good luck

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Thanks I will try to track down were the water is coming in I never really looked I just lifted up were the spare tire is and seen the ice around the spare tire never took the time to see were it was coming from!

Thanks!

user posted image

Tell them $5500 and it is gone....they will take it.

Do you mean this in american or canadian? Im gettin it for 4800 american!

user posted image

Just a quick question for you. You say the car glides over bumps and hugs the road, unlike your car. You also mentioned in your earlier post the the tread on your present STS is nearing the end. Don't you know thats why you present car does not glide over bumps and hug the road like the 99? I bet if you put on a set of good quality tires you will get a much better ride, and road stability out of your present one. I think you just want the newer model, that's just my opinion.

LOL! Yes I do want a newer style! But I wouldn't want to take the chance that it is my tires and buy them and be stuck with my car if it doesn't fix the problem!

user posted image

Honestly,

I love my 94 STS. I drove newer models, and i still prefer the 94. What you should really do is try to test drive a few of them. Then have your car checked out, you might need more than tires, you might need struts, sway bar bushing etc? If that's the case compare, the price it will cost to get you car in shape, compared to the price of the 99. The 99 does have alot of miles on it, and lets face it Caddy's are expensive, you can't take shortcuts. I would not like to see you or anyone say darn, i should have kept my own car. Just speaking from experience. Not with my Caddy, but with another car i had

LOL

Jeff!!!

There is no compareisi if I have to replace any of the suspension parts! If I got 6500 for my car and bought that one for 6200 I would make money! I would get a nicer ride and a nicer looking car! It just makes more sense to me this way! I don't know maybe Im just crazy but it would be different if my car hugged the corners and rode right over bumps and things without bouncing all over the place but the way it drives now is nothing like this 99 does! Maybe it does just need tires who knows if that were the case i would forget about this car! But how can I tell without puting new tires on it first? Really theres know way to tell!

user posted image

To tell you the truth,

I feel what you are saying. It's kind of a crap shoot maybe you can find another car like yours somewhere and drive it though. But what are the odds of that. You have to go with your heart bro!! You may have good luck with the 99, and it may last you for years of STS driving. No matter what suggestion everyone else gives, the final decision is yours. This is one great site though I've been racing car for 15+years. Since joining this site i feel like i started over. What i'm trying to say is, Whatever you choose you know you can always look to this site to get your STS running right. Good Luck

Jeff!!

PS Let me know you decision, and keep us posted of your cars performance

Yes I will tell you my final desision I don't know what im gonna do yet! I think Im gonna take it for a long drive and make my desicion after that! Theres someone else interested in it to but they don't need it they already have 3 caddys a 97 STS a 98 Eldo and a 95 STS! He's crazy!

user posted image

Archived